Specialty gadgety pistol ammo

This is a discussion on Specialty gadgety pistol ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to this thread, and I've recently joined a bunch of forums in my effort to reach out to anyone who is interested in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Specialty gadgety pistol ammo

I'm new to this thread, and I've recently joined a bunch of forums in my effort to reach out to anyone who is interested in what I am interested in: special-purpose gadgety pistol ammo. The weird stuff with odd tips; exploders, multiball, darts, cutters, slicer, dicers, expanders, plastics & teflon. I have an extensive history in collecting & researching and a large collection. I'm with the International Ammunition Association (IAA), and I have written a book on the topic of pistol-caliber armor piercing ammo which is my main point of collecting. A couple years ago I built up my collection by purchasing a collection from a former forum member here named "Al William" (an interesting guy). Below are pics of the stuff I collect; a reference sheet I made for pistol-caliber AP ammo, a box of mixed caliber specialty ammo, and a box of 9mm specialty ammo. Please ask questions or let me know if you are interested in collecting this stuff as well. Some of these oddball cartridges are kind of junky as far as defensive carry goes, but some are amazing / restricted. It's fun stuff:

KTW Teflon, American Ballistics, National Cartridge, Alia armor piercing, Omnishock, Geco Metal piercing, Remingotn Hi-way master, Peters Highway patrol, SIB armor piercing, Arcane 9mm, VBR ammo, SCMITR, GEA Cyclone, 7.62x25 API, ALPHA 9mm, CBAP 9mm, ANSB, Libra Snail, M39/B, 6.5x25 CBJ, PPS MSC, 224 VOB, 223 timbs, Magsafe, Beehive, armscor strike 3, equalloy, hydrashok, village metalworks safe stop, multiball, kawser pingrabber, kawser pin grabber, velet exploder, velex exploder, FXlabs, D&D omega star, Thunderzap, powerplus duplex, EMFJ, incendiary, NGA Sentry, Glaser black, Geco BAT, etc...

I don't see any "nuclear tipped hand of god" in there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm still waiting on my "nuclear-tipped hand-of-god" cartirdge. I have the .45acp casing and plastic projectile capsule all ready to go, now I just need some of Chuck Norris' spit to put in the capsule, and I'll be all set.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotptrdj View Post
    I'm still waiting on my "nuclear-tipped hand-of-god" cartirdge. I have the .45acp casing and plastic projectile capsule all ready to go, now I just need some of Chuck Norris' spit to put in the capsule, and I'll be all set.

I'm still waiting on the "vaporizer" round.

Officer: We had a report of shots fired.
    CCW: Yes officer, a man with a knife tried to mug me & I defended myself.
    Officer: Well, where is he?
    CCW: You're breathing him...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotptrdj View Post
    Talk about some knock-down power

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I'm still waiting on the "vaporizer" round.

Officer: We had a report of shots fired.
    CCW: Yes officer, a man with a knife tried to mug me & I defended myself.
    Officer: Well, where is he?
    CCW: You're breathing him...
    good one

looks like you've collected some standard armor piercing, frangible, wadcutter, and snap cap rounds there.

If you want to know what any of the cartridges are in the second photo with multiple calibers, then the key is located here: http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Handgun...andgunAmmo.htm

VIP Member
    Back in the 70s & 80s we carried three rounds of 38SPL JHP and three rounds of beanbag loads for anti-hijacking. We referred to the beanbags as “lipstick” rounds since the clear red plastic looked like lipstick protruding from the case.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Very nice! I have some .454 casull with the projectile made of sold brass/bronze around here somewhere.... supposed to break big bear bones real nice.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Back in the 70s & 80s we carried three rounds of 38SPL JHP and three rounds of beanbag loads for anti-hijacking. We referred to the beanbags as “lipstick” rounds since the clear red plastic looked like lipstick protruding from the case.
    I was an SP and remember aircrews loading weapons at the clearing barrel,first three were what I thought were plastic bullets and last three were hollowpoints,the first three wouldn't penetrate the aircraft,next three were if first three failed to stop the threat.Aircrews were the only ones issued hollowpoints,we were issued 38 spl LRN
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Very cool thing to collect, Shotptrtj, and very cool collection!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

usmc3169 - You must mean the Belt Mountain "Punch Bullets" which are mostly solid brass, but with some lead in the hollow base, and a tiny hole drilled in the nose to avoid potential legal snafus. I have some in .44mag short. Very powerful stuff. Grizzly Cartridge sells these loads from their site, or you can buy the projectiles direct from Belt Mountain's owner Kelye Schlepp (sp?).
    Last edited by Shotptrdj; July 7th, 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Just curious, are you affiliated with any Law Enforcement Agencies?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Got anything with depleted uranium?

What are the most interesting incendiary rounds?

Which one is your favorite?
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links