Defensive Carry banner

185 gr 45 acp Golden Saber Bonded

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BigRAM 
#1 ·
hi fellow members i have a question for those who have the remengton golden saber 45 acp rounds bonded and non bonded. i just got 100 rds of the bonded 185 gr today and i notice the jacket of bonded looks different than non-bonded.

the bonded looks to be copper and non-bonded looks brass, is that the case? If so which is better? which ones to load in a colt defender here in ohio the winters are really cold and the summer are really hot humid.

thanks,
bigram

#2 ·
I have not been able to find any bonded golden sabre so I dont know what the differences are. I do find that occassionally the lead core of the non bonded golden sabre had a tendency separate from its jacket. The Remington GS is a great round, I would go with the Bonded but be sure to test the rounds in your gun and make sure they function and are 100% reliable.

#3 ·
ok thanks i will try to post pics soon maybe it may help. the non-bonded function great and cycle great i feel real confident with them and the bonded seemed to feed just as well. last night when i rack the slide real slowly it did not catch on anything and went in the chamber smoothly jsut like the non bonded. the speer gold dot and corbon dpx when get caught up when i use to cycle the silde real slow but i will make sure to test fire before i used them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.