PMC Bronze Bulk .45 ammo for target practice?

This is a discussion on PMC Bronze Bulk .45 ammo for target practice? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am investing a lot of money into my handguns and would like to use a quality ammo for target practice. Does anybody use this ...

Thread: PMC Bronze Bulk .45 ammo for target practice?

I am investing a lot of money into my handguns and would like to use a quality ammo for target practice. Does anybody use this stuff? I see they sell it at Cabela's for a decent price and PMC likes to talk about exacting tolerances blah blah blah but I would like to hear from those that have actually fired this stuff. I can see wide tolerances in my accuracy from brand to brand so I could use some advice.

Thanks

Bout time you logged back on.

I run that stuff through my XD all the time...have had no problems and like it for the value. Call Cabela's before you drive down there as I've found there in-store pricing is not always the same as the on-line offerings.

I've shot a box through my XD45. It's a little dirty, and flashes a lot, but it's not bad ammo. I've been shooting American Eagle lately. Both are pretty good, although the latter shoots cleaner and without the "ring of fire" on each round.

Administrator
    PMC has been around for years and I have shot up a lot of their hardball in the past. I never had any problems with it. In fact I think I still have a couple of coffee cans full of PMC that turned up a while back...packed up in boxes that I've not opened since I moved here.

Shot quite a bit of PMC over the years. Its as good as Eagle, UMC or WW White box and maybe better.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

When power is up for grabs; personal liberty is usually one of the first casualties…

Thanks Guys I appreciate your input.

Ilikeguns

If you have found a great price/value on your chosen caliber in bulk amounts for plinking & training, then bully for you! My only advise to you would be that you should [B]train[B] with munitions that mimics the ballistics and recoil of your [B]chosen[B] personal defense loads that you currently utilize for home defense. Similar ballistics require that no immediate sight changes need to be made on your weapon of choice, and if felt recoil & muzzle jump are similar, then I say go for it. Unfortunately, there are those who train with inferior plinking stuff, only to find out that what is utilized for training doesn't transform from the range to real life senarios.....those plinkster may get you on the target, but not necessarily in the incapacitating zone, and greater recoil will increase your time back on target ratio. If you wish to just practice good mechanics, drawing techniques, sight acquisition, proper hand position, proper stance, trigger press etc., then why not utilize a less expensive .22 handgun for such activity...it will save you money in the long run, as well as keeping your basic mechanics & motor skills intact.

PMC Bronze is made in Korea. I find it very good (nothing like Wolf). I'd rate it a notch above WWB, but it's close.
    I shot it in my Sig P-238 and never had a misfire.

I've bought some in bulk from Cabelas and have had no problems with PMC. I would highly recommend it.

I've gone through close to 1000 rounds of PMC Bronze 45ACP between my 1911 and PT145. I'd say it is one of the better inexpensive bulk ammo brands I've tried. Never had a failure to fire. As others pointed out, its a bit dirtier/flashier than some of the more expensive US made ammo, but only marginally more so in comparison to Wolf, MFS 2000, etc.

Accuracy is harder to gauge since I'm no expert marksman, but in my 1911 on slow deliberate shots it went where I was pointing with no obvious fly-aways.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

VIP Member
    Never used .45 acp----.44spl shot low.
    But, buy a box and try it.

I've never had any problems with the PMC Bronze line of ammo in anything I've used it in.

Sponsored Links