Homemade price chart for bulk ammo purchases

This is a discussion on Homemade price chart for bulk ammo purchases within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I figured I'd share this spreadsheet I've been working on to compare ammo prices for bulk buys. It is published as a web page so ...

Thread: Homemade price chart for bulk ammo purchases

I figured I'd share this spreadsheet I've been working on to compare ammo prices for bulk buys. It is published as a web page so you can't see the formulas used but I'd be happy to email the original in Excel format so you can use it for your own comparisons.

There is at least one website out there that compares prices but I found it lacking details to help figure out what is truly the cheapest source. This spreadsheet makes it easy to compare different brands and different quantities with shipping factored in, so you can see who actually has the cheapest cost per round. Or, who has the cheapest round that is made in the USA, etc.

Obviously this is not a real time price check, so don't hold me to these prices. These have been collected over the last couple of weeks in my spare time, so things may have changed or gone out of stock. Hopefully someone will find this useful or even better give me some feedback on how to make it better (short of somehow automatically updating prices).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=1&output=html
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    http://gun-deals.com/index.php

Why not just go here...the site is updated regularly and all the work is done for you.
    Proud NRA member

I paid $197 for 1000 rds/blazer 9mm 115 gr aluminum this past week - delivered to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    I paid $197 for 1000 rds/blazer 9mm 115 gr aluminum this past week - delivered to my door.
    You gotta say from whom please.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    http://gun-deals.com/index.php

Why not just go here...the site is updated regularly and all the work is done for you.
    My goal wasn't to replace price tracking websites like that, but to be able to compare "apples to oranges". I've used AmmoEngine.com in the past to find ammo prices, and used that as a starting point. None of the websites I've found factor in shipping cost which varies from vendor to vendor and even from the same vendor on different brands. And I wanted to be able to factor in "extra charges" that some vendors charge (like Cabela's) on bulk items, so I could compare say, 20 50 round boxes vs. 1 1000rd bulk box that included an extra handling charge. It also helps in figuring out if buying non-American is worth it or not, price wise. ie, According to my chart, For a mere $17 more on 1000 rounds of 9MM, I can get made in the USA Remington UMC ammo vs. steel case Russian Tula/Wolf ammo.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Actually just starting looking around gun-deals.com. Looks like they do factor in shipping, which is pretty handy. I'll definitely start using this website!
    Ron Paul.

I just bought 1000 rounds of WWB at my Wally World 2 weeks ago for $227.00 tax, tips, drive out. No hazmat, just out the door in two plastic bags into my SUV. Leeme see here, that is as cheap as the others here and I can reload it, no Aluminum cases here... That was 10 boxes of 100WWB with no restrictions on amount of ammo. These are for another training class that wants "Quality Ammo" not reloaded ammo for the class.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Sponsored Links