Walmart has increased prices!

This is a discussion on Walmart has increased prices! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The prices at my walmart have gone up also but its still cheaper then the gun shops around here. Odd thing though my walmart has ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walmart has increased prices!

The prices at my walmart have gone up also but its still cheaper then the gun shops around here. Odd thing though my walmart has started to carry Tula ammo its basically russian steel case berdan primed cheap ammo. It is less expensive being 9 dollar for a box of 9mm but I'll play the $10.40 for the federal.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    The prices at my walmart have gone up also but its still cheaper then the gun shops around here. Odd thing though my walmart has started to carry Tula ammo its basically russian steel case berdan primed cheap ammo. It is less expensive being 9 dollar for a box of 9mm but I'll play the $10.40 for the federal.
    Yeah, that's the one I was referring to on my post above yours, that's the black box with yellow lettering right?

it's pretty much like wolf ammo...

Mine also has PDX1 ammo, they have it in 9mm, 38sp, 40, 45. I just wish They had it in .380 but I dont think they carry it in 380

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    We need to get Dollar General to stock ammo.
    That sounds great to me
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsor
    There is a currency war going on as we speak, main contenders are of course, China, The United States, Europe, Japan, India to mention some.

One think the feds are working on is to make our currency cheap, so there can be more exports to the same countries mentioned above, although the perception is that thing are getting expensive, that is just an illusion, for the most part our dollar is valued less and less for the same purpose of competing in the international market.

Mind you make our currency cheaper and have our currency devaluated by the Chinese government are two different things, the chinese are buy ind enormous amounts of dollars and then selling them to buy euros and gold, by the way we all know an Euro buys more and more every day.

Source: NPR, time: Yesterday.

My reaction: It upsets me, because I'm not getting paid more and more everyday, but my walmart bill is getting bigger from week to week, same way I can afford only Winchester ammo to be able to shoot , since at the range ammo is grossly overpriced. Same thing with groceries, buying mostly generic.

The way things are going, I'm gonna start making clays ammo and take a slingshot to the range, is just as much fun anyways, and here in Oklahoma if there is something we can always count with is HUGE AMOUNTS OF CLAY!

Live long, Gatopardo
    Go with the glow

I rarely buy factory ammunition. Back when ChiComMart had WWB 9mm for less than $10/100 I would buy it and spend my time handloading cartridges that I could save more money on. I could still load 9mm for less than $10/100, but it didn't seem worth it. Now with prices what they are, I handload everything. I don't have to worry about availability and I spend a lot less to do it than what any factory sells for.

When I do need to buy factory ammunition for some reason (carry ammo for instance), I buy it at my local gun shop. Its somewhat more expensive, but they have a better selection and infinitely better customer service. I'm willing to pay extra for a better shopping experience.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

When you factor in the shipping costs from the online ammo vendors, Wal mart is still less costly.

IF they have it. IF you can find someone with half a brain who has the key to open the ammo case.

The only good thing about Wal Mart is their prices. Locally, their service, friendliness, cleanliness, selection, etc - just suck.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I've found that the overall "quality" of WM really varies from location to location. My local WM is ok in most regards. It is fairly clean, doesn't have a too many weirdos about, and if you ask an associate a question they'll actually be friendly and answer your question.

For a while I lived in Melbourne, FL. The WM there was totally different. Messy, strange associates you didn't even want to ask any questions to, constantly out of stock of many items, and a large variety of some, uhh, "characters." Plenty of shopping carts full of cheese puffs, but kids running around with no shoes or shirts. I once went over to the gun section just to check for .45 ACP. Didn't see it... the lady down the aisle said "HEY, YOU LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING?" and I said "oh no, just looking. I was looking for .45 acp but tehre isn't any." I started to walk away after a smile from me, but she, very slowly (I think she had some sort of disability, but i never asked her to walk over or check, so i wasn't sure what to do) walked over, and bent over and looked in all of the glass cases. I said, as friendly as i could "I don't think you guys have any in stock." I knew she wouldn't find it... after about two minutes of her looking at every section, she said "well we have 45 long colt."

Oh man. Lady, i said .45 ACP and I already know you're of stock. come on... LISTEN. Oh well.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I always find it funny when people are all "Capitalism is great!" and then turn around and hate on Walmart.
    I will go to Walmart occasionally to buy just about anything. But ammo? Forget it. The Walmarts that I have been to, I never even saw any self-defense loads. Either they don't sell or they just ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
    I stopped by Walmart on Friday to pick up some 9mm ammo. I buy 300 rounds a week in 9mm and 100 rounds in .40 and .38 special. Prior to Friday, the 9mm were going for $9.47 for a box of Federal 115gr FMJ. The price has now jumped to $10.47 per box. It is still the cheapest in town, but just wanted to make others aware.
    Prices have gone up on everything everywhere. Wal Mart still has the lowest prices matter of fact. IMO....your place is slowly catching up to the rest of us. May have to do with vendors there. My local WMs shelves are full!

45 ACP just went up $2 in my area in less then 2 weeks. Went from 15 to 17 a box for Federal.

Distinguished Member
    FYI: Local WM selling Remi UMC .45 ACP at 32 cents per round for box of 100 or 250 (same price per round). And, in .40 caliber, WM is selling Remi UMC and Winchester (white box) FMJ at 28 cents per round, again, for a box of 100 or 250. All in stock.
    .357 sig was out of stock but wouldn't expect much of any price break on 'em.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Well, well, well...my wife called me today while she was at Wal mart. They had 4 boxes of WWB .380 100 round boxes! I asked her to pick us up 2 of them. Price was about $33 ea. First time we've found .380 at WM in many many months!

This is actually one of my favorite loads in .380 - a 95 gr flat point FMJ. Finally!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I went to walmart today looking for the one thing I've gone to walmart for in the past 6 months, cheap range ammo, WWB in 40 S&W. Well Hunting season is fast approaching, so there's no more "limit 6 boxes" sign there's no more shortage, the shelves are full, but I can only buy rifle and shotgun ammunition and .22lr; no .38 no 9mm, no .40S&W, no .45 no .357. I debated raising issue with the management as I left to get something back on the shelves, but then I realized, no I have no more need to go to walmart.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I've found that the overall "quality" of WM really varies from location to location. My local WM is ok in most regards. It is fairly clean, doesn't have a too many weirdos about, and if you ask an associate a question they'll actually be friendly and answer your question.
    The Walmart closest to me (East Colonial, between Alafaya and Rouse) is one of the worst Walmarts I've been to. Super busy (even at midnight), long register lines (they have LOTs of registers, too bad only 1/4 of them are ever open), and carts all over the parking lot. Getting out of that lot can sometimes be a painful experience. They rarely have 40S&W in stock. If I'm lucky, I can pick up the 100rd Winchester bricks, but there'll be only one available.

So I usually do my Wallyworld shopping in Titusville (where the gf lives). Overall, it's not a bad place to shop, but some are much better than others.
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Yes very much. I hear a lot of you guys talk like your WalMart is crime central and potential bad guys approach you on the parking lot every time you go there. Ours is not that way. In fact I worked there for a time being and spent PLENTY of breaks and lunches on that very parking lot and not one time did we see anything "bad" happen. Cops patrol fairly regularly (hourly or so?) so maybe that does help some.
    Then the WalMart by my parent's house......well, you might make a pit stop in the daytime if you HAD to, but they stopped being 24hours coz they were losing too much money on the night shift (theft). All the local "law abiding citizens" travel a few extra miles to go to another WM. I realize smaller towns don't have that kind of "luxury" though, if there's only one store within reasonable distance.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links