Walmart has increased prices!

This is a discussion on Walmart has increased prices! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped by Walmart on Friday to pick up some 9mm ammo. I buy 300 rounds a week in 9mm and 100 rounds in .40 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walmart has increased prices!

Walmart has increased prices!

I stopped by Walmart on Friday to pick up some 9mm ammo. I buy 300 rounds a week in 9mm and 100 rounds in .40 and .38 special. Prior to Friday, the 9mm were going for $9.47 for a box of Federal 115gr FMJ. The price has now jumped to $10.47 per box. It is still the cheapest in town, but just wanted to make others aware.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

2. Remove Ads

Is it true that .40 is cheaper than 9mm?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Prior to Friday, the 9mm were going for $9.47 for a box of Federal 115gr FMJ. The price has now jumped to $10.47 per box
    Well holy mackerel I think that's cheap. Our WM carries 100 round Winchester 9mm 115gr FMJ for unless my memory is just utterly failing me...they run about $23 a box!!!

Which reminds me I need to get some more.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

In my area the .40 is not cheaper than 9mm. The same brand of Federal in .40 is more. I am not sure what the exact price is. The 9mm has been the cheapest for so long around here. I usually buy a box of Winchester white box in .40 for about $32 (100 rounds). The .38 specials are around the same price. That is if they have them.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Yeah my Walmart sells the 100 WWB bulk 9mm for $23.97 + Tax = $25.65

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    There was an article on aol that Wal Mart was raising all it's prices to increase their profit margin and not because they had too, due to increased costs. Immediately I noticed prices on some items soar on a weekly basis. One food product I monitored went from $1.53/can to $1.59 to the current price of $1.67 in two weeks. Six months ago the exact item was $1.50 at Dollar General. Today at Dollar General it's still $1.50/can. They must think we're dummies.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    There was an article on aol that Wal Mart was raising all it's prices to increase their profit margin and not because they had too, due to increased costs. Immediately I noticed prices on some items soar on a weekly basis. One food product I monitored went from $1.53/can to $1.59 to the current price of $1.67 in two weeks. Six months ago the exact item was $1.50 at Dollar General. Today at Dollar General it's still $1.50/can. They must think we're dummies.
    Yep some of us keep "price books" on frequently purchased groceries, and buy lots when it's at the lower price.
    Spaghetti sauce used to reliably be $1.50 but now it's like $1.75....until they put it on "rollback" to the old price of $1.50
    I don't know who, but they must be foolin some people
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I shiver to think of the time when we'll have an ammo shortage again. If Walmart can increase their prices just because they want to increase profits, a shortage will give them more reason to do so.
    Elevate those guns a little lower. - Andrew Jackson
    Interested in concealable weapons: improvised designs, safe & legal.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    My WalMart has stopped carrying several calibers of ammunition, particularly .45 cal.

Oh, sorry. They "carry" .45 but they just happen to be out on the day you stop by. Regardless of what day that might be.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    My WalMart has stopped carrying several calibers of ammunition, particularly .45 cal.

Oh, sorry. They "carry" .45 but they just happen to be out on the day you stop by. Regardless of what day that might be.
    Supply and demand. You demand and they will eventually supply, if they feel like it, on the next blue moon in a leap year.

Sorry, for the sarcasm, it's early.

Actually my local WM has had a good supply of all calibers for something like 6 months now. You probably just have a few folks that haven't managed to restock their hoard and keep buying them out. I suggest patience.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Yep some of us keep "price books" on frequently purchased groceries, and buy lots when it's at the lower price.
    Spaghetti sauce used to reliably be $1.50 but now it's like $1.75....until they put it on "rollback" to the old price of $1.50
    I don't know who, but they must be foolin some people
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Ya'll must be related to my mama.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Yeah automatic slim, prices up, selection down.

Now that Sam has passed away, the top brass can pay themselves whatever they want.

I'm under the impression when he was alive, the top executives were modestly paid, lived in middle class neighborhoods, etc. As per Sam Walton's decree.

We need to get Dollar General to stock ammo.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Yeah automatic slim, prices up, selection down.

Now that Sam has passed away, the top brass can pay themselves whatever they want.

I'm under the impression when he was alive, the top executives were modestly paid, lived in middle class neighborhoods, etc. As per Sam Walton's decree.
    Another reason to buy "on-line" -- and save on sales taxes, too.

Gander Mountain and Cheaper than Dirt come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Supply and demand. You demand and they will eventually supply, if they feel like it, on the next blue moon in a leap year.

Sorry, for the sarcasm, it's early.

Actually my local WM has had a good supply of all calibers for something like 6 months now. You probably just have a few folks that haven't managed to restock their hoard and keep buying them out. I suggest patience.
    They won't even entertain the idea of carrying 10mm! :(
    http://www.walmartmovie.com
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links