Remington Golden Saber40 S&W ammo recalled by Cali HP due to FTFs

This is a discussion on Remington Golden Saber40 S&W ammo recalled by Cali HP due to FTFs within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sd...4c87c672b.html Several rounds fizzed during training therefore every round is recalled....

Thread: Remington Golden Saber40 S&W ammo recalled by Cali HP due to FTFs

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sd...4c87c672b.html

Several rounds fizzed during training therefore every round is recalled.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Better safe than sorry!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    This is a good argument for carrying a bug that uses different ammo.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Well there goes my hopes of getting their ammo cheap since they are giving it to training. I remember listening to one of the OPD officers that works in the armory telling another IDPA shooter about .223 rounds failing in the ar-15s they use. Said they blow up more than you'd think they would. Doesn't do any damage but the officer shooting usually needed a new pair of underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    Well there goes my hopes of getting their ammo cheap since they are giving it to training. I remember listening to one of the OPD officers that works in the armory telling another IDPA shooter about .223 rounds failing in the ar-15s they use. Said they blow up more than you'd think they would. Doesn't do any damage but the officer shooting usually needed a new pair of underwear.
    Something tells me they are buying reloads,the only failure I saw in the military was a squib round and barrel was not checked for obstruction before chambering a new round,next trigger pull was enlightening,the BCG was bowed out which split the side out of the Upper Receiver,a few powder burns and a new pair of titey whiteys,and a new M16 and it was all good
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Something tells me they are buying reloads,the only failure I saw in the military was a squib round and barrel was not checked for obstruction before chambering a new round,next trigger pull was enlightening,the BCG was bowed out which split the side out of the Upper Receiver,a few powder burns and a new pair of titey whiteys,and a new M16 and it was all good
    from what I overheard while waiting in the scoring trailer it didn't do any damage to the gun so they aren't squib rounds. He said it doesn't happen all that often but more than one would expect. No clue if they use reloads for OPD but I doubt it. Who knows, just found it interesting is all. Haven't had any problems in the few hundred rounds I've fired in my mini-14 and don't really expect any either.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I would think it would be difficult to catch a squib in the heat of a firefight. I can easily see that happening.

The real question is: Is Remington going to issue a recall?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What in the hect is going on with these ammo companies Remington & now Federal, Recalling their ammo ,? for the price that they charge after last year's ammo shortage to us civilians they have some pair,? they should be lowering the price if they cant have good quality control measures.?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I use Remington Golden Saber in .380, .38+P, 9mm and .40 S&W and have NEVER had a FTE or FTF.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY HARRY View Post
    What in the hect is going on with these ammo companies Remington & now Federal, Recalling their ammo ,? for the price that they charge after last year's ammo shortage to us civilians they have some pair,? they should be lowering the price if they cant have good quality control measures.?
    The Remington Golden Saber ammo in .40 S&W was recalled by the California Highway Patrol and not by Remington. Therefore, I would wait for Remington to issue a statement or wait and see if they will post a recall. I seriously doubt it.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

This is why I shoot and use Cor-Bon DPX in all my guns. Used Golden Saber ammo years ago in my 357Magnum revolver, none left now.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Sponsored Links