Thoughts on 32 a.c.p.

Thoughts on 32 a.c.p.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on 32 a.c.p. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend thats selling some of his guns. And i can get his kel-tec p-32 for about $150. Im thinking of getting this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 32 a.c.p.

Thoughts on 32 a.c.p.

I have a friend thats selling some of his guns. And i can get his kel-tec p-32 for about $150. Im thinking of getting this gun for an always gun and to have something super light to take mountainbiking with me. My question is how do most of you feel about this round would you feel comfy with it or opt for something larger for instance a 380 or one of the super thin 9mm from kel-tec or skyy. I know a 32 beats a sharp stick in the eye. But a 380 or 9mm would be better. I'm just thinking of this gun because I can get it at a great price. Thanks for taking some time on my question on this. Have a good one everybody.

Sixgun

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    A .32ACP is better than a .22LR but not as good as a 9mm,.45 ACP,or .454 Casull.

For the price mentioned,buy it. You'll find a use for it I'm sure. Glove compartment,console,under seat,in your garage(I have a weapon stashed in my garage),by your easychair,in the upper kitchen cabnet(i have one there also),how about in your bathroom.

I have weapons in my house and garages/workshops that I will use to be armed while going for other weapons. When something goes "bump" in the night,or when you see some strange person walking up your driveway,it's good to know that there is a weapon of some sort close by.--------

JD
    Administrator
    If the price is right, I don't see a problem. Personally I try to stay .380 or above, seeing as how it's a buddy, you might be able to shop around a little first and see if you can find something in a larger caliber for the same price, I paid $150 for my Bersa .380 and that's a damn fine gun for the money.

I carry a Keltec 380. Due to it's size, it is my "everywheres" gun. Personally, that is about as low as a caliber as I will carry. I recently had the opportunity to pick up a used Seecamp 32 at a great price. After thinking long and hard, I decided regardless of price I wasn't willing to spend the money on a gun I would not have confidence in carrying. I wound up putting the money towards another gun. Not intended to start a caliber war. Just my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    that $150 would put you towards a weapon in a caliber you wouldn't 2nd guess....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I'd pick it up on price alone. Yeah...a .380 or 9mm trumps .32, but for concealability you can't beat Keltec. With that said I feel the P32 is more reliable than the P3AT.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I have a kel tec .32 and I dont have any complains. Thats a good price, I'd buy it if I was in your shoes.

Good price. Mine's in my pocket all the time. Very, very rarely is it my primary firearm, but if it were, it would still beat throwing rocks, as I am too old to bend over and pick up rocks.

If you want a P32, then that's a great price. I recently sold my well used one for $200. That said, I'm a mountain biker too and I'd rather have something larger. Most times, you're far from civilization (or at least you're not in a situation to escape quickly due to terrain). This is a time when you'd want something larger for human and animal threats (not necessarily bear, but smaller and possibly rabid animals like skunks, 'coons, dogs, etc). I carry a S&W 37 (38special airweight) in my hydration pack. It's in a top opening pocket that is closed by an elastic band rather than a zipper. I can reach it by reaching over my shoulder and into the pocket. It's light enough that I don't really notice it among the tools, tube, water, etc.

Chris

A .32 is fine- it will certainly do more than "piss them off". Recognize its role, and practice with it, and you've got a great buy. If you always carry a STI 10mm longslide, with 18 round mag(or your Glock/Colt/XD/etc.,), more power to you. A significant number of folks find more comfort with something always in hand, vs. "left on the dresser while I run to 7-11".

At the moment, my .32 NAA is in the safe. My 9mm PM9 is in my pocket. The NAA is easier to conceal than the PM9.

Administrator
    Ditto: That for $150.00 I would buy it just for the price.

Then shop for some of HOTTER the more exotic ammo in 32.

That price is sweet.

Important: ~ That would be "Buy It" ~ if it is in great condition & never screwed around with.

The gun is so small & light that you could always carry it in place of a
    .22LR BUG.

I would have reservations about carrying it as a Primary firearm though.

You would have a fantastic little Back Up Gun for $150.00 Beans though.
    That's a real good deal but, it just depends on if you have the free cash or not.
    If you have some extra $$$ available then (for sure) snatch it up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well since my 2nd genp3at ( the good one ) cost 190 with a spare mag , iwb holster , pocket holster , and a box of fiochi hp ammo I personaly dont think its an exceptional a buy .. but then i happen to be pocket auto rich lol the price isnt out of line , just isnt a bargan for a .32 kel-tech imho .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator

Red Neck
    I paid 250.00 for my Kel Tec 380 w/ only one magazine...you lucky dog.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    QK honestly i got first chance at it from a bud who is also one of the local gunshops , he got it for himself , and when he did not like it he offered it to me .. strange thing is ( for a ffl ) he hung onto it for a couple of weeks while i made up my mind , i do belive i got it everything at his cost tho lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links