Defensive Carry banner

45 acp ammo recall

14K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  defensivecarry1 
#1 ·
Just got this in through a VCDL email update. Please make sure this doesn't affect you.

Don't know if this has already been posted. I checked but didn't see any post on it.

--------------------

2/07/11

FEDERAL and AMERICAN EAGLE

45 AUTO PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING

Immediate Action Required

FEDERAL CARTRIDGE COMPANY • 900 BOB EHLEN DRIVE • ANOKA, MN 55303 • PHONE 763.323.2300 • Toll Free: 1-800-322-2342

Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto ammunition may contain an incorrect propellant
charge. Use of product from these lots may result in firearm damage and possible
serious injury.

DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS:

38X628 through 38X765
38T401 through 38T414

If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers,
check to see if your ammunition package contains the above lots: American Eagle® (AE45A,
AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion™ (WM5233), GoldMedal® (GM45B), Hi-Shok® (45C, 45D)
and Federal® Personal Defense® (C45C, C45D).

THIS WARNING APPLIES ONLY TO THE LOTS LISTED ABOVE.

If you possess ammunition from any of these lots, or have questions concerning this warning, please contact us
at 1-800-831-0850 or 1-800-322-2342 and ask for Product Service.

Federal will provide replacement product
and will cover the cost of returning the affected product.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

See less See more
#4 ·
Update: Another email from VCDL:

Here's the official link to the .45 ACP recall notification from Federal. Thanks to Malcolm Blundell for sending it to me:

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/45_Auto_warning.pdf

THIS IS SERIOUS

I just got an email from a member who said that an H&K, using the ammo mentioned in the recall, blew up in someone's hand a couple of weeks ago at the Hampton Road Criminal Justice Training Academy!

#16 ·
i just bought some AE45A also, but that is just the product part number. on individual boxes, the specific lot number is stamped either on the back, the white outside end flap or the uncoated inside end flap, where I found mine (P20J440). so my AE45A is ok.

#17 ·
i just bought some AE45A today, but that is the product number, not the lot number. my lot number(P20J440) is stamped on the inside of the endflap on the individual boxes. check the lot number, your ammo may be ok.

-sorry for the double post, didn't think it took the first time. hangfire.

#19 ·
I have an empty 50 round box and 30 rounds left out of a 100 box of the Champion wm5233..been shooting them in a hi-point .45 which is +p rated. I dont think they will take 30 rounds back bought at Walmart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.