Loads for mossberg 930'spw

This is a discussion on Loads for mossberg 930'spw within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recently purchased a mossberg 930 spx and I've heard some defensive loads could cause problems with cycling does anyone have any suggestions about ...

Thread: Loads for mossberg 930'spw

I just recently purchased a mossberg 930 spx and I've heard some defensive loads could cause problems with cycling does anyone have any suggestions about what works and what to stay away from?
    NRA life member

Any regular buckshot and or slugs should work,I use Winchester 00 buck reduced recoil with no problems
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I use Federals LEO Tactical Buckshot as they give me a nice tight pattern five and a half inch diameter out to 60 feet and Federals LEO Tactical Hydroshok Slugs are dead on accurate and create a permanent wound cavity Six INCHES in diameter.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I haven't had a hiccup running anything through my 930 SPX, everything from light target loads, to slugs and 00. High or low brass doesn't seem to matter with mine either.

I had it out busting clays one day, it had about 150 mixed target loads through it without a hitch.

I found the pattern acceptable with the same 00 (Remington Green Box) that I always tend to use. And Brennke K.O. slugs are about as accurate as one would expect in a non-rifled shotgun barrel.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sponsored Links