Gold Dot and Glocks

Gold Dot and Glocks

This is a discussion on Gold Dot and Glocks within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many people are rocking the gold dots out of their glocks? I have heard that you arent supposed to use gold dot in a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Dot and Glocks

Gold Dot and Glocks

How many people are rocking the gold dots out of their glocks?

I have heard that you arent supposed to use gold dot in a glock but I cannot remember where I heard and and what the reasoning behind it was. Anyways it didnt make any sense to me so I figured I would post it up here and see what you all thought about it.

Thanks
    Morgan87

I hope you are crazy. I have been carrying Remington Golden Saber's in my GLOCK 19 for a while now and recently purchased some Speer Gold Dots because I wanted a "bonded" bullet. I have not had the chance to run a mag through my GLOCK yet, but hope too soon. I've never heard of issues with GLOCK and Gold Dots, the only one I've heard of issues with is Hornady Critical Defense.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Never had any issues with it. That was my carry load for several years (124+p GD).I do not remember a single malfunction.

Now, the NYPD had some issues with G19s with NY triggers with GD124+p ammo. So unless you use a 19 with a NY trigger then I would not give it a second thought.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Glocks eat anything!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I carry 124 gr +P Gold Dot's in my Glocks. Great carry load

I knew that it sounded off. The fella I was talking to swore up and down that they wouldnt cycle. He doesnt even own a glock anyway.

Thanks all for clearing this up.

I've been running the Speer GDHPs out of my 9mm Glocks for about ten years. Not a steady diet of course, but several boxes a year. Personally, I've not heard of any reasons not to use them in the Glock pistols. Of course....what we 'hear' is what we hear. We seldom hold the messenger accountable since it is often that the messenger is not the wise one from which all truth flows......just a messenger spreading the word which nobody really ever asked for, but others just happened to hear. Glock on!

I'd bet my life on them working fine in a Glock.

Wait, I do that already.

Burned through several hundred 124 grain +Ps in a G19 before I started carrying them for self defense. Never had a reason to doubt them since. Fire a few hundred on a regular basis and their flawless.

VIP Member
    I carry standard pressure 124gr. G Dots in my G19.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I hope you are crazy. I have been carrying Remington Golden Saber's in my GLOCK 19 for a while now and recently purchased some Speer Gold Dots because I wanted a "bonded" bullet. I have not had the chance to run a mag through my GLOCK yet, but hope too soon. I've never heard of issues with GLOCK and Gold Dots, the only one I've heard of issues with is Hornady Critical Defense.
    Golden Saber comes in Bonded rounds too you know.
    One more step and it's on!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The only thing you're not "supposed" to run through Glocks is lead bullets (or, like many makers, reloads), but I do. I've never had the slightest indication of leading in my G30. PDX1s and Gold Dots feed fine.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When I worked for the NYPD, I shot 124gr +p GDs using a NY2 trigger with no problems. When I left the NYPD for a better LE job, I swapped out the NY2 for a stock srping. Still no problems.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I've run 200+P and 230 Gold Dots through G21's, a G30, and G36's with no issue.

I've run 115, 124, 124+P, and 147 Gold Dots through G17's, G19's, a G26 and a G34 with no issue.

Now, i just stick with 230 in .45 and 147 in 9mm, and still have no issues.

I'd say that wherever you heard it, the person was speaking from their nether regions (to put it politely).
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

180 gr GDHP out of my 23 for over 11 years now, and not one problem...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

OK. I'm glad someone asked this, I wa planning on testing some Gold Dots, (the 180 gr short barreled ones) in my 27.
    Now I have Hornady XTP's in it. What is the supposed problem with the critical defense line?
    The XTP's fed great and hit POA quite well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links