Best 45acp FMJ for Carry? - Page 3

Best 45acp FMJ for Carry?

This is a discussion on Best 45acp FMJ for Carry? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you insist on carrying FMJ, I don't see a need to be picky. Just carry whatever works....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Best 45acp FMJ for Carry?

If you insist on carrying FMJ, I don't see a need to be picky. Just carry whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    "Then I got a Glock36 and found out what rotten factory service Glock produces when they are trying to dodge the fact that they put out a bad design."

I have not heard about this G36 bad design. Where can I get some information, facts and data. I have been carrying one for a long time as a back-up. I would like to know what is wrong so I can fix it or go after Glock.
    My 36 has never failed to fire anything form myself and their CS has always down right by me.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Federal makes an expanding Full Metal Jacket. Check it out

YouTube - ‪Federal EFMJ (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) Water Jug test‬‏

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Curious what does it mean it makes no sense to my ignorant umm rear. Reads like horrific grammar.
    The original phrase was "All your base are belong to us" and came from a Japanese arcade game from around 2000.

It was used widely by internet gamers in the early 2000's .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Guido View Post
    Gentlemen, Thank you again for your input and concern. I prefer a FMJ round because I want to be as certain as possible that the BG I shoot has two, and not one hole in him so he will have a better chance of bleeding out before an ambulance can arrive. Nobody ever died from a gunshot wound unless a sniper hit them in the Medula Oblongota with a head shot. They bleed out.

So, if anyone has any experience with these FMJ rounds, I'd appreciate your input.
    I only read the first page but your mind is more than made up.

Doc, if you want to carry ball buy and test the ones you like and carry the most accurate.

Try these, Buffalo Bore has a good reputation and a hot 230 gr load should be more effective than a standard pressure one.

IMO the flat point makes more sense like a SWC revolver round does. It MIGHT make a difference. YMMV
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

All fmj is basically the same. If it is 230 gn and breaks 850 fps then it's pretty standard.
    If you want the best terminal balistics from a round solid profile, I would suggest using plain lead unjacketed bullets, as they will flatten somewhat and still have good effect on heavy bone, should that be encountered.

It is irrevelant to ask someone if they have ever been shot, as I will assure you that some on here have shot enough game and people to take you to school on the subject.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Buffalo Bore makes a 255 hard cast 45acp+P. I carry it always. It breaks bone, feed always.and I shoot what I carry. about 950 per sec. Great penetration, on almost anything. I get 13 inches of penetration on ballistic gel. Can't hide behind car doors. I for one think it's a good carry round for me..

New Member Array Rickholeyshoot's Avatar

Thumbs up Something to think about

Using your weapon with the intent of killing the BG (openly in your speech) is a bad idea - especially if it's in the heat of action. "To stop the threat" is your intent to keep you out from behind bars. I don't want anything like that to happen to someone who's ideas I generally like so far, and I don't even know you.
    I feel however that your idea of using FMJ or TMJ is a good idea. Over penetration has not historically been a concern with any standard handgun round. Under penetration has caused many officers and others their lives. Why someone with a .380 would ever consider a JHP is beyond me. Other considerations are that when you fire at the BG, he gets behind any sturdy cover - it will generally render a JHP useless. If you find an FMJ or TMJ with dependable reputation I'll be watching. JHPs are excellent at stopping the threat if your problem is standing in the wide open and naked. I liked this article: http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf
    Also, my G30 shoots high, however my G27 is dead on target.

I carry 2-3 Golden Sabers, the rest in the mag are Federal FMJs

Yep ..I carry 230gr ball ..in the winter months....Two Holes one shot ..even through heavy winter clothing.....

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Long ago and far away in S.E. Asia I witnessed first hand a single shot to the center chest with a FMJ .45 ACP. Bad guy was stone dead when he hit the ground.

I have no problems whatsoever carrying FMJs in a large caliber handgun.
    Alarm Guy likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links