VIDEO: Federal .40 S&W 180gr HST Fails, but Speer 357 SIG 125 gr GoldDot Successful! - Page 2

VIDEO: Federal .40 S&W 180gr HST Fails, but Speer 357 SIG 125 gr GoldDot Successful!

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Federal .40 S&W 180gr HST Fails, but Speer 357 SIG 125 gr GoldDot Successful! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FMJ: Made to penetrate barriers Bonded HP (Gold Dot): made to penetrate barriers Non-bonded HP (HST): NOT made to penetrate barriers....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: VIDEO: Federal .40 S&W 180gr HST Fails, but Speer 357 SIG 125 gr GoldDot Successful!

FMJ: Made to penetrate barriers
    Bonded HP (Gold Dot): made to penetrate barriers
    Non-bonded HP (HST): NOT made to penetrate barriers.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think that's the key takeaway from this demonstration!

I'm reminded of all those who shoot into water to "test" their loads. A guy in the LFI course I took a while back was talking to Ayoob about how much the particular round he carried expanded when he shot into water. Ayoob's replay was "Great! If the ocean "messes" [rude expression deleted] with you, you're all set."
    Ayoob is a real jerk. A typical self-important celebrity...and his monthly columns in Combat Handguns and the Annual Concealed Carry are of very low quality. It's pretty obvious he simply phones them in each month. His 'advice' and 'comments' are usually just along the lines of "I am such an awesome cop. When I was patrolling in ______, I saw so many guys get shot with ______ and I shot _____ badguys! Go me!

He needs to go back to being a detective.

Glock 29

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I am about to buy a Glock 29SF 10mm, now actually I am going have to check the .357 sig a little more before I make the final decision.
    I have a glock 29 and a .357 sig barrel for it. It's my edc. I love it. It gives me options. Highly recommended!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links