S+W 1911-ES ammo question

This is a discussion on S+W 1911-ES ammo question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi 'y'all. I've had my 1911ES for about a year now and am considering perking up my SD ammo selection to +P. It's a fine ...

Thread: S+W 1911-ES ammo question

S+W 1911-ES ammo question

Hi 'y'all. I've had my 1911ES for about a year now and am considering perking up my SD ammo selection to +P.

It's a fine running pistol IMHO, and the only changes I've made is bumping up the recoil spring a notch and having the slide ceracoated because, frankly, I just don't like two-tone guns.

Anyhoo, can I run +P as a defense -- not practice -- ammo without breaking the alloy frame? I'd like to test with at least 50-100 rounds before I carry the +P.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Skippys View Post
    Hi 'y'all. I've had my 1911ES for about a year now and am considering perking up my SD ammo selection to +P.

It's a fine running pistol IMHO, and the only changes I've made is bumping up the recoil spring a notch and having the slide ceracoated because, frankly, I just don't like two-tone guns.

Anyhoo, can I run +P as a defense -- not practice -- ammo without breaking the alloy frame? I'd like to test with at least 50-100 rounds before I carry the +P.
    What's it say in the manual?
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Smith will say "NO".

I have an ES and have run +P. I found it to be a little bit snappy, as I'm so used to shooting thousands of rounds of standard pressure.

I like to carry close to what I shoot for practice.

Links