I Like It Hot - Page 2

I Like It Hot

This is a discussion on I Like It Hot within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ShadeAngel Well if speed is your goal Double Tap now has offerings in several calibers with very light Barnes all copper bullets ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I Like It Hot

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAngel View Post
    Well if speed is your goal Double Tap now has offerings in several calibers with very light Barnes all copper bullets moving and amazing speeds.

I am not advocating them, I would really like to see gel tests for these rounds, but if you fall in the light and fast camp these are for you.

Clicky-->9mm Ballistics : 80gr @ 1560fps / 433ft. lbs. from a G17

I don't really trust Doubletap
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

How many law enforcement agencies world wide are there that have spent billions of dollars through history on ballistics testing and have chosen +P+ rounds over the conventional LE rounds currently in use today?

There may be a clue as to the value of faster rounds vs slower more accurate shot placement.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    I keep the Winchester Ranger 127 gr +P+ T-series JHP in my Glock 17. Hard hitting, & man, I love those talons!
    I'm with you, I like my Ranger T's... but I am in the 124 gr +p camp for my M&P. Smith & Wesson states in their manual specifically do not use +p+
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

147 grain Ranger 9ATs here. I like it BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    How many law enforcement agencies world wide are there that have spent billions of dollars through history on ballistics testing and have chosen +P+ rounds over the conventional LE rounds currently in use today?

There may be a clue as to the value of faster rounds vs slower more accurate shot placement.
    Let us rephrase what you said:

How many law enforcement agencies.... have chosen the bigger, slower .40 S&W round over all the others?

That's a clue!
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." - Col. Jeff Cooper

[EDC: HK P2000 SK .40 S&W]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links