Walmart Ammo Policy

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Policy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RockBottom Sometimes individual stores or districts will institute their own policies for a variety of reasons. Sometimes local ordinances change. I'm just ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Walmart Ammo Policy

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Sometimes individual stores or districts will institute their own policies for a variety of reasons. Sometimes local ordinances change. I'm just speculating but maybe the thinking is that if it is wrapped in red tape, it will alert security and make you easier to keep an eye on in case you decide to load up and go on a shooting spree inside the store. Remember, Jared Loughner bought his ammo at Walmart.
    ????
    did he use the ammo at wal mart? he could have bought the ammo anywhere

2. Remove Ads

I just picked up two boxes of the cheapo 250 count from my closest wally world. No tape but each box did get tripled bagged. But like another poster stated ffor me it would not be a big deal for me personally. I just recycle the bags every week.

I just bought a 100 count of 9 an hour ago at mine and they did make me pay for it back there but no tape or anything else.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    ????
    did he use the ammo at wal mart? he could have bought the ammo anywhere
    Like I said, I'm just speculating on why that individual store may wrap the ammo in tape. Maybe they just have a shrinkage problem that they are trying to nail down.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Now that's what I'm talking about! I use old Walmart bags to wrap fish guts cause there ain't no fish cleaning facilities out at the lake. Takes two or three bags, one inside the other, to keep the smell down. I hope they triple bag the ammo at my Wally-world.

Maybe an individual store policy. I bought 300 rounds on Federal FMJ yesterday, regular double plastic bag (to limit chance of breakage). No tape.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    At my WalMart, you have to pay for the ammo at the sporting good counter. They really don't care what you do with it after that. If your store requires payment in sporting goods, then it seems weird.

You note he "scans it", but don't note if you pay for it in the back of the store. If you can transport it to the front to pay for it at the same time you pay for other stuff, maybe they have had problems with people dumping ammo boxes into their pockets/purses, dropping the box and walking out.
    Yes he scans it, I pay for it and the other items right there at the ammo/sporting goods counter. They are one in the same.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

That is a little un called for my wal mart does not do that. Of course one time when I went to get ammo the case was open so I helped myself and payed up front and no one said a word.

Just to clear up... I don't have a problem with it. I'm just sayin' it is senseless. Also they didn't double bag it because it was
    ammo, they double bagged it because I had purchased other items and they placed the red taped bag inside the other bag with the other items. They do make you pay for it in sporting goods (at the ammo counter which is the same as sporting goods),
    but they do not walk you to the door, and they do not have anyone checking receipts at the door either.

I was just stating that I've never seen them bag and wrap with red tape before, any ammo I've purchased at any Walmart,
    and that it is a senseless policy. duh!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

My local WW depends on who I deal with. If I deal with the older lady there she simply ask, "Handgun or rifle?" then ask me to pay for it, hands it off, no bag unless I ask her to do so and my reciept. Now, if I deal with the male that works back there, he scans it, ask handgun or rifle, I pay for it, he puts it in a bag and staple the reciept to the bag, along with about 10 other staples.. ha,ha
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Cool

I bought a mountain bike at my Super Wal- Mart yesterday and the young man that got it off the rack for me told me it was ok to ride it in the aisles to see if I liked it.

I did and none of the shoppers paid me any mind.

After paying I rode it to the Garden Shop exit, stopped and showed the greeter my receipt, he told me it was kinda hot to ride a bike today and then I rode it to the truck.

No red tape or double bagging.
    tkruf likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Haven't bought ant ammo fom Wally Mart for awhile...but when I did they would ask me for my drivers license for ID......and I look way older than 21.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

After a certain arbitrary hour, they won't sell ammo at all. Perhaps a stupid state law (SC)? I don't know.

sgb
    Hell after paying for everything I'd have cut the taped bag open taken out the ammo and asked him to throw the left over bag away.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I bought a .22 rifle at Wally World and asked for ammo. They said they couldn't sell the gun and ammo at the same time. Who thinks of these 'rules'?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links