Interesting encounters buying 9mm rounds

This is a discussion on Interesting encounters buying 9mm rounds within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NC Bullseye Officers of the law have a difficult time at best knowing a fair overview of the law. Do you really ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Interesting encounters buying 9mm rounds

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Officers of the law have a difficult time at best knowing a fair overview of the law. Do you really expect a person that is getting near minimum wage working at a box store to be more cognizant of the laws? Most do just what the display on the cash register tells them to do. Check ID? They check ID.

Be thankful that they even had the ammo to begin with.

I can guarantee that sooner or later you'll encounter the exact opposite of that where they'll card you, ask every question in the book, and still not sell it to you so enjoy the easy road for a while.
    But they sure remember to card you when you're buying spray paint!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

Neither place (Wally World or Meijer) has asked me what kind of gun the ammo is for. Last week I tried buying at another Meijer location, and was denied. I spoke to the store manager, who had never heard of the long gun vs. handgun age law. I told him that he should check out the law, because technically almost every round they sell has a handgun that was made for it.
    I just went to the Walmart that I'm used to...no problems there. I recently bought 1,000 rounds online though. Much cheaper and no hassle :)
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis (1959). If you haven't heard it, go listen!

Walmarts in NY ask. When I buy 22 ammo I say rifle even though I have both. One time one of them thought I must look sorta dumb cuz after I said my savage rifle..he said now is it short or looong......
    I said why you dont know what a rifle looks like? and smiled..that was it...but walmarts here in ny even ask for shotgun shells. I think if its behind the counter......they have to ask......and then they log it in. and ask for phone number. I always give 1 digit off.

The local Gander Mtn. almost didn't sell me .22LR because it can be used in handguns. The cashier agreed it was dumb, so he called a supervisor that also agreed it was dumb and made a date of birth in the 70s for me.

Wally World

I've been able to buy 9mm and others after 9PM at Wally World in the Columbus 'burbs'. They do ask whether it's for rifle or pistol, but so far, the biggest problem has been finding the person who has the keys for the ammo cabinet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links