Buffalo Bore FN Hardcast -WOW!!!

This is a discussion on Buffalo Bore FN Hardcast -WOW!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a couple of small pistols, often. A Seecamp LWS32 and a Sig P232. The first is a .32ACP and the other is a ...

Thread: Buffalo Bore FN Hardcast -WOW!!!

Buffalo Bore FN Hardcast -WOW!!!

I carry a couple of small pistols, often. A Seecamp LWS32 and a Sig P232.
    The first is a .32ACP and the other is a .380ACP.
    I have been extremely impressed with the wallop from Buffalo Bore's Hardcast FN 75 and 100 grain in each, respectively.
    I wonder if others have experienced the same results.
    I was shooting the Sig 232SSS and the range master thought it was a .40 caliber.
    The Seecamp actually hurts if you fire two magazines.
    Incredible ammo.....

2. Remove Ads

Buffalo Bore has a great philosophy when it comes to making defense ammo.
    I've got some of their .38 special wadcutters. They are definitely NOT target loads; these are hot loaded, very hard .36 caliber hole punchers.
    Flat nosed is the way to go, gives more of a punch and "hole making ability" than FMJ/RN but not the cutting edge like on a wadcutter.
    They just came out with hot .45 Long Colt wadcutters....yikes.

I'm a fan of wadcutters for defense. Sometimes I carry my .32 S&W-L with Federal wadcutters in it.

I was researching .380 loads and really liked the reasoning behind the BB 100 gr. Hardcast load. It shoots well out of my Kahr P380. Perhaps I'll have the time this summer to do some penetration testing with it. BB claims on their web site are pretty amazing for a .380.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlers View Post
    I carry a couple of small pistols, often. A Seecamp LWS32 and a Sig P232.
    The first is a .32ACP and the other is a .380ACP.
    I have been extremely impressed with the wallop from Buffalo Bore's Hardcast FN 75 and 100 grain in each, respectively.
    I wonder if others have experienced the same results.
    I was shooting the Sig 232SSS and the range master thought it was a .40 caliber.
    The Seecamp actually hurts if you fire two magazines.
    Incredible ammo.....
    So, how does the ammo effect follow up shots... in time and grouping. This is the one reason I haven't tried 'em. Years ago I had a KT P32, shot Silver tips as carry ammo. Tried the Corbon +p and groups almost doubled and follow up shots slowed. After shooting the Corbon I continued to carry Silver tips.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

The 100 gr BB hardcast is my favorite SD round for .380, it was fantastic out of my Sig P238.

Don't count out DoubleTap.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

The BB stuff is just flat out awesome, especially in the lower calibers. That's what I carry in most all my carry guns.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

How does your P238 handle the load? Which model do you have? Some have recommended staying away because of it power.

As for grouping. I find shot placement with my LWS32 and P232SSS excellent and accuracy very good.
    Obviously recoil is increased and speed slightly less. I like to fire a double tap to the chest and one to the head drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    The 100 gr BB hardcast is my favorite SD round for .380, it was fantastic out of my Sig P238.

Links