9mm carry ammo - Page 2

9mm carry ammo

This is a discussion on 9mm carry ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Hornady TAP FPD civilian line is just repackaged Hornady TAP CQ LE ammo. You can find the CQ ammo at several online stores. It ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9mm carry ammo

The Hornady TAP FPD civilian line is just repackaged Hornady TAP CQ LE ammo. You can find the CQ ammo at several online stores. It sells for about $16 per 25. It is slightly more expensive than the LE versions of Winchester or Federal. Still not a bad price and much more economical than the $25 for 25 they charge for TAP locally.

Hornady XTP bullets made their name in handgun hunting. They seem to get the job done on deer and hogs. They should do just fine against humans. The disclaimer being that some have experienced issues with clogging in the 4 layers of denim testing.

Any good 9mm hollow point should do the job just fine. Its been my experiance that most ppl don't need a hotter load, they just need to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. The 9mm +p+ load in your gun will do you no good if you aren't capable of putting the rounds where they need to go. When looking at a SD load ask you self this question " Would I want to get shot by that bullet moving @ 1000 fps?" Yes Speer makes good stuff so does Hornady so does Winchester, Remington, COR BON, ETC ETC ETC. The Hornady TAP bullet is a nickle plated brass case and has a specialized poweder inside it that has little to no muzzle flash @ night so that you the shooter are not blinded by the flash. I carry 8 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense ammo in my Kahr CW9 this round has everything the TAP rounds do and then some, they add a flex tip insert in to the hollow point of the bullet so that the hollow point its self won't gather clothing and the likes before it impacts flesh. I would like to know who here if any of you would like to stand 15 feet away from the buisness end of my Kahr in plain clothes and let me shoot you 8 times center mass. I know that in a duress situation that all 8 of my rounds most likely won't hit center mass of my target, but I am out @ the range twice a week running 100+ round through both guns that I choose to use CC . I practice drawing from my houlster when out at the range so that it becomes "muscle memory" to me. During these summer months with 8 rounds in my gun and another 7 in the spare mag of a standard SD load (not +P) I do NOT feel under gunned at all.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links