USAammo

This is a discussion on USAammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NC Bullseye They are getting quite a reputation for blowing up some good firearms.... Got any specifics on this? Seriously, if you've ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: USAammo

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    They are getting quite a reputation for blowing up some good firearms....
    Got any specifics on this? Seriously, if you've got examples, links, websites, I'd sure like to see them. I just received 1000 rounds .45ACP today.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

2. Remove Ads

I think there's 2 verified kabooms, (maybe 3), being talked about on the interwebs. This involving their .223 & .308 rounds.

They sent out an email statement saying that the powder problem had been identified, and thus rectified.
    Everything is supposed to be fine now.

I ordered and received the .40 & 9mm.
    I think us pistol caliber ordering people are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    There have been several reports @ their rifle ammo having significant issues I.e destroying several guns. As far as I know, no one has been hurt. Here is one of 2-3 postings I have seen in the past few weeks.

Epic KABOOM - S&W M&P15T destroyed ; Updates in OP - Ammo recalled - Page 2 - AR15.COM
    While I can certainly understand someone's hesitance to ever use ammo from a company that others have had issues with (and issues here meaning "holy cow my gun just exploded") I think it bears mentioning in this forum that USAammo stepped up big time.
    The OP over there blew his gun July 26. On August 4th, all of nine days later, he received the check to replace his gun, modifications and all.
    If that's not amazing customer service, then I don't know what is.

Ordered 500 rds of .40 on 9/20. Credit card charged in full 9/20. Today is 9/29 and I'm getting ******** emails about a transition to FedEx and systems down. I will never order from them again and would recommend anyone else avoid them like the plague.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

I've ordered ammo and gun parts from several companies,I was never charged until the order was being processed and shipped within 48 hours
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's hard enough to train to shoot without flinching from the recoil,when ya pull the trigger and your gun blows up....that's a whole different kinda flinch there
    Oh just mix some snap caps in there...It'll be fine!!!

Never, ever do business with this company. I cannot stress this enough. They are hands down one of the worst companies I have made the mistake of doing business with. Save yourselves, pass this on.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Quality ammunition is priced accordingly for a reason. It takes time and material to make quality ammunition.

There is perception of quality in price. That is why luxury products exist. That is why Black Hills reloads sell for twice what USAammo sells their reloads for. Black Hills and other companies put time and money into quality. USAammo does not.

Customers don't want the lowest price they want the best value. There is a difference.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Hello. In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that USA Ammo is a competitor of mine (I run a small firearm/ammo business). Nevertheless, some of the comments made about the company and its ammo are misleading. USA Ammo is extremely good ammo; in fact, it is cleaner than Federal (most people say) and highly equivalent to CCI's Blazer Brass (in fact, they use the same casings and bullets for some calibers; only the powder is different, and the powder for USA Ammo is high grade, available only to manufacturers, not the public). The ammo is made in Idaho by a company that makes the machines that make ammo for big-time manufacturers around the world, including CCI-Speer. The company has been around for several decades and decided recently to make and sell its own ammo wholesale to FFL dealers (I sell the same ammo and have so much confidence in it that I guarantee it will not misfire). This is not to say that the company is incapable of producing defective ammo, as even the leading brands have problems from time to time. But none of my customers have had problems and I can assure you that the ammo is as good or higher quality than the most popular brands out there, including Winchester and Remington. If you've been to the USA Ammo site, you'll notice that they are out of stock on a lot of calibers. I cannot say why this is the case. But one of the owners emailed me and said they are not going out of business. They have had the some of the lowest prices on the Internet for USA-made ammo, and competition is good for everyone. I wish them the best. -Dave
    Last edited by AmmoDave; October 19th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

usaammo update

can help with questions
    rudy@freedommunitions.com

Regardless of the quality of their ammo. Their customer service was horrible when I placed my order... Customer Service is EVERYTHING to some folks... me especially...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhšuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoDave View Post
    Hello. In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that USA Ammo is a competitor of mine (I run a small firearm/ammo business). Nevertheless, some of the comments made about the company and its ammo are misleading. USA Ammo is extremely good ammo; in fact, it is cleaner than Federal (most people say) and highly equivalent to CCI's Blazer Brass (in fact, they use the same casings and bullets for some calibers; only the powder is different, and the powder for USA Ammo is high grade, available only to manufacturers, not the public). The ammo is made in Idaho by a company that makes the machines that make ammo for big-time manufacturers around the world, including CCI-Speer. The company has been around for several decades and decided recently to make and sell its own ammo wholesale to FFL dealers (I sell the same ammo and have so much confidence in it that I guarantee it will not misfire). This is not to say that the company is incapable of producing defective ammo, as even the leading brands have problems from time to time. But none of my customers have had problems and I can assure you that the ammo is as good or higher quality than the most popular brands out there, including Winchester and Remington. If you've been to the USA Ammo site, you'll notice that they are out of stock on a lot of calibers. I cannot say why this is the case. But one of the owners emailed me and said they are not going out of business. They have had the some of the lowest prices on the Internet for USA-made ammo, and competition is good for everyone. I wish them the best. -Dave
    On THR, M4C, and ARFCOM I've seen about two dozen posts with guns that have blown apart using USA Ammo reloads. There's a reason it's cheap.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    On THR, M4C, and ARFCOM I've seen about two dozen posts with guns that have blown apart using USA Ammo reloads. There's a reason it's cheap.
    I take such video posts with a large grain of salt. If these events were actually proven to be caused by USA Ammo, where are the product liability law suits?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I take such video posts with a large grain of salt. If these events were actually proven to be caused by USA Ammo, where are the product liability law suits?
    Because not everyone is a lawsuit happy retard. You do know there are ways of solving issues like this without involving the tort system? It's called contacting the manufacturer of the ammunition in question. They investigate, find fault, and place a claim to their insurance company. They pay for the damages incurred to the weapon. Done. USA Ammo has replaced a number of weapons to my knowledge.

WTH would you involve the court over crap like that as a first action? Just because there isn't a publicized lawsuit doesn't mean there wasn't an issue with the ammunition being defective. JFC!
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I ordered 1000 rounds of FMJ 9mm, fired 350 rounds so far and this is some of the most accurate ammo I have fired and I have had no issues as of yet. Beats out Mag tech in accuracy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links