357 SIG Gold Dot ammo

This is a discussion on 357 SIG Gold Dot ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody run this stuff? I have a couple of boxes of HST, but would rather run something a bit more available. It feeds well in ...

Thread: 357 SIG Gold Dot ammo

357 SIG Gold Dot ammo

Anybody run this stuff? I have a couple of boxes of HST, but would rather run something a bit more available. It feeds well in my 229, and hope it does likewise in my M&P.

2. Remove Ads

There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Anybody run this stuff? I have a couple of boxes of HST, but would rather run something a bit more available. It feeds well in my 229, and hope it does likewise in my M&P.
    I run it in a P229 and a P239. Excellent stuff. Try Georgia Arms.

I run it in my Glock 33. Heard it was one of the best .357 Sig rounds.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Gold Dot 125grain JHP comes in two flavors i.e. product#54234 and product#53918LP where LP donotes "limited penetration". The limited pentration rounds are loaded 20fps slower than the previous although you really can't tell a difference when firing both product #s. I have run both in my S&WM&P357Sig/40S&W and they both run flawlessly.

I have a box a friend got me at Cabelas as a favor. Of course, I have a .357 magnum... so I have a box for sale if you can't find any. I use it in my 9mm and I use the 357 short barrel stuff in my Model 60. I like what I see in tests, and the 9 is the NYPD/Orlando/other metro PD load.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I use SGAmmo.com for my purchases of 357 SIG. I'm a Ranger Talon type but I've also got a supply of Gold Dot should the Talon get hard to find. SG's pricing is always in line with the competion and most of the time they're cheaper. Here is their current offering:

500rd - 357 SIG Hollow Point T-Series Winchester Ranger | SGAmmo.com

500rd - 357 Sig Speer Gold Dot LE GDHP Hollow Point 54234 ammo | SGAmmo.com

With my H & K I don't have a problem with the Ranger, but some other have a feed problems with the talon bullets.

Hope this helps.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I use Double Tap Ammo for 357 magnum & 357 sig. They use Speer Gold Dot front ends for the 357s.

When you look at the following link:
    .357 SIG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    look at the right hand side for "ballistic performance" & see who is listed under "source(s)"...
    147 gr (9.5 g) Bonded defense JHP / 1,250 ft/s (380 m/s) / 510 ft∑lbf (690 J) - this just makes me happy...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhšuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Double Tap doesn't load Gold Dot any more in 357 Sig! They use Barnes, Winchester, Nosler, and Sierras......I'm shooting their 125 gr JHP Sierra.......it's chronoing a little over 1400fps in both my p239 & p229.......fast & EXTREMELY ACCURATE! I use their stuff for my other carry pistols, as well, and I'm completely satisfied with everything I've bought from them!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Links