A good all purpose 40 S&W load

This is a discussion on A good all purpose 40 S&W load within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having been- there, done-that with just about every useful revolver cartridge in load development, I have recently began working on auto pistol cartridges. So for ...

Thread: A good all purpose 40 S&W load

Having been- there, done-that with just about every useful revolver cartridge in load development, I have recently began working on auto pistol cartridges.

So for you 40 lovers, a good load that I put together this weekend is a 150 weight fmj (Berrys Plated Bullets) over 5.8 grains of Unique. It chronographs at 1074 fps, cycles smooth and has very mild recoil, plus is accurate.
    It was the first load I tried, and don't see the need to look any farther in this bullet weight. Sometimes you just get lucky.

My impressions are it would make a good woods bumming load or, target load. It would also make a very good IDPA loading.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Sounds like it would be great for my IDPA and GSSF matches with my Glock 35...too bad I dont reload. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I reload and cast bullets,my mold is for a 155 grain LRN,I load 5.4 grains of American select behind it and its a great target load,I need to borrow my buddys chrony
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links