Centurion 2-3/4 12ga. ammo

This is a discussion on Centurion 2-3/4 12ga. ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently picked up a box of this and was contemplating using this over the 2-3/4 00 Remington loads I currently have in my 870. ...

I recently picked up a box of this and was contemplating using this over the 2-3/4 00 Remington loads I currently have in my 870. It patterned well at 15 yrds but was courious if anyone had any expierence with this ammo. I know it is made in Italy.

This is 12 Gauge Centurion Law Enforcement 2 3/4" Multi-Defense Buckshot. Centurion Multi-Defense Buckshot provides a shell with unique characteristics. It is loaded with a combination of one .650" (65 cal.) round ball and six #1 buckshot pellets
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

9 to 12 pellets of 00 buck works fer me,if that ain't getting enough penetration its slug time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I use Centurions in my HD shotgun. I used a few at the range against wooden targets that someone else left behind, and it did some pretty amazing stuff at 10'. Only use it as HD ammo if over penetration is not an issue.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    For HD/SD I like my Hornady 2 3/4 in #4 buckshot. 24 pellets of .25 caliber @ 1325fps , but for coyotes I like the 3in = 41 pellets @ 1600fps,
    It's pretty powerful medicine.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I did a review a while ago that you might be able to find if you search. Long story short, it penetrated two buckets of packed wet newspaper laid top to bottom, blew out the bottom of the bucket, and the ball rolled undamaged downrange until it hit the backstop. It is now the core of a monkey fist keychain I made out of 550 cord.

That thing penetrated more than an AP .308 round we tried. I would count on it overpenetrating any person smaller than a sumo wrestler, and maybe even one of those.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I am not worried about overpenetration , Single home brick walls , no kids . I was just courious to see have "effective" it was.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I keep Centurion 12ga 2-inch 00 buckshot (6 pellets) in mine for use by my daughter (low recoil). Patterns the same as 2 3/4 shells at indoor distance. They cycle fine in my Mossberg 500's. Lots of [fun] at the range.

I get them from J&G sales.
    Centurion 12Ga 6 Pellet, 00 Mini-Buck 2in. 10rd boxes
    Last edited by Brady; September 1st, 2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: can't spell fun :(
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

like that #4 buck...its good for all critters... ..really what ever...I no longer play the 00 buck lottry..(will I get some on it??)......and #4 creates an amazing terminal ballistic laydown pattern out about 150/200yrds... would never buy buck and ball loads...shootin thats like taken a bath with your socks on...but have a blast with it..just sayn

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    like that #4 buck...its good for all critters... ..really what ever...I no longer play the 00 buck lottry..(will I get some on it??)......and #4 creates an amazing terminal ballistic laydown pattern out about 150/200yrds... would never buy buck and ball loads...shootin thats like taken a bath with your socks on...but have a blast with it..just sayn
    "Amazing terminal laydown at 150/200 yards?"

Methinks you added an extra zero in those ranges.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

nope...lays down in long thin 3-4 wide about 15' long...maybe little longer...very clear out on the water....you can probably see it out in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    nope...lays down in long thin 3-4 wide about 15' long...maybe little longer...very clear out on the water....you can probably see it out in the desert...
    So it makes water splash at that range...doesn't really speak to any terminal effectiveness.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Links