Russian Pistol Ammo - Page 2

Russian Pistol Ammo

This is a discussion on Russian Pistol Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use it occasionally. As far as extractor wear that is not an issue as Cuda66 said. I personally emailed the Ruger tech team regarding ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Russian Pistol Ammo

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I use it occasionally. As far as extractor wear that is not an issue as Cuda66 said. I personally emailed the Ruger tech team regarding tulammo and my LCP and here is my question and their response:

Does Tulammo cause any ill effects on my LCP? I would like to get the straight answer from you guys on this because it's 4 bucks cheaper a box to shoot, but lots of folks say it's bad for the extractor. Thanks for your time.

Response:
    The only ammunition not recommended is +P. The Ruger LCP was not designed for use with +P ammunition. Given the LCP’s lightweight and compact design, the use of +P ammunition in this particular model may result damage to the firearm or personal injury. For best ammunition recommendation Please try the Winchester 95gr FMJ or if you want to use a hollow point the Hornady 90gr JHP/XTP. I have found both these rounds to work very well in the LCPs.
    If you should need further assistance please call our Service Department at 928/778-6555 between 8:00 - 4:00, MST Monday thru Friday, at a time convenient for you. A Ruger Representative will be happy to help you.

Lol they sort of went off tangent but...It seems they consider it fine to shoot.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

While it's not any sort of rule, I generally prefer to run steel-cased rounds in com-bloc weapons and brass-cased in US/European ones.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I had my first squib ever with Herter's steel cased ammo. I have already shot hundreds of it through my P90 with no problems and hundreds through my SR9c with no problems.

I still have a few hundred left in 45ACP and will fire through those, but may be hesitant to buy more of the Russian made stuff.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    cabela's is running a sale on brass 115gr 9mm 1000 for 189 and free shipping through 8/31
    I'm not seeing it on their website, do you have a link?

did you miss the through 8/31?

I got some. It appears to still be in effect, just no free shipping.

Cabela's: Sellier & Bellot 9mm Police Training Ammo
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Thumbs up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links