Question about Winchest White Box

This is a discussion on Question about Winchest White Box within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Works fine for me. I clean after a range session so no problem....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Winchest White Box

Works fine for me. I clean after a range session so no problem.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

I carry 155 gr JHP, and do range time with 165 gr FMJ (White Box) .40 S&W. To me, tis a good combo. Weight wise, I notice no difference...accuracy remains constant. I always clean after the range, but I find that WWB is no dirtier than any other. Never had an issue with WWB.
    God Bless the USA

Ya, it's dirty as is all cheep ammo. Realy shows on stainless guns.

But --- you can't beat the price and guns should be cleaned after all
    range sessions anyway. LOAD, SHOOT, CLEAN, REPEAT.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    WWB seems doesn't seem any dirtier than any of the other economy practice rounds. Except that now that they've changed the packaging the top row of rounds tends to have gobs of packaging glue on them. But if you take the time to knock that stuff of em' before you load your mag it's no big deal. However, if you don't it can cause some failures.

It's fine and is my main practice ammo. How cares if it is dirty as long as you clean your guns after every range session.

I shoot it also and have no problems with it. I finally talked my buddy into trying cheaper ammo, and his .40 wouldn't eat it. Dirty ammo doesn't matter to me since I clean my gun after every range session. Mike Z
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren vs District of Columbia

VIP Member
    I shoot it in .380, 9mm, .357SIG, .40 and have never found it to be any dirtier than other inexpensive ammo. I have also found it to be more consistent from box to box than Remington UMC. Both Sportsmans Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt have very good prices at times. But always check the shipping. Buy one box of .22lr from Cheaper Than Dirt and you still pay $9.99 shipping.

Just got a very good deal on some .357SIG from Sportsmans Guide and had a $10 coupon that covered the shipping. UPS should deliver 500 rounds tomorrow.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    I picked up 8 50 rd. boxes of WWB 9mm today for 4.63 a box. Might want to go pick some up if youve got a hungry 9mm, I doubt they will stay that cheap for long. Dirty or not, it is great practice ammo.
    Fear No Evil.

i've found thats its a bit dirtier then cci aluminum, but i dont really care since i clean my glock and beretta after firing them in any case, and they're super easy guns to clean.

Reliability wise, its grade A ammo.
    Driver carries less then $20 of remorse.

If you think WWB is dirty,try some wolf.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i shoot alot of WWB and don't think it is a dirty ammo. wolf ammo is dirty and won't see a chamber in any of my guns.
    WWB is good ammo at a great price IMO, esp. if purchased at wally world.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I've never had any problems with WWB. Or Remington UMC.

If you want cheaper than Wally World, in my neck of the woods occasionally Academy Sports will offer some deals on CCI aluminum, which they sell dirt freakin' cheap (I got lotsa boxes of 9mm at $ 3.86 a box of 50, which is cheaper, I think, than it would be to reload it).

Cheaper still? You'll have to look, but if you really scour the internet, you can find stuff even cheaper every once in a while (not every day).

YMMV

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I used to shoot it. It caused my H&K USP to Fail To Feed at least once in a hundred rounds. And I thought it was dirty, too.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Works fine for me in 9mm, 40 and 45.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    WWB is good ammo. I picked up 200 rounds of 9mm for around 23.00 with tax the other day. If you want to shoot some dirty ammo shoot some of the Russian stuff. The stuff that I shoot out of my Norinco MAK-90 smells like cat piss and really fouls it up.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links