Question about Winchest White Box

This is a discussion on Question about Winchest White Box within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by noliepolie All I have shot in my XD40 is WWB. My local dealer stirred me away from Wolf. I have a box ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question about Winchest White Box

Quote Originally Posted by noliepolie View Post
    All I have shot in my XD40 is WWB. My local dealer stirred me away from Wolf. I have a box of Speer gold dot but I have yet to shoot it. I am very pleased with the WWB ammo.

Oh and by the way, I am new to the forum and love it. Thanks for all the great info.
    Stay away from Wolf. The steel case has a lacquer on it to prevent rust, and can act as a glue in a hot gun barrel.

Almost thought I had ruined by S&W M&P by shooting that stuff. Luckily I was able to extract the round. Never again...

2. Remove Ads

JT
    Wolf is great in AK's and SKS's. Polymer or lacquer coated cases will work fine.

In AR's, the polymer coated cases usually work, but stay away from the lacquer coated. They will gum up an AR.

In handguns, most people don't like it. I tried it, but didn’t like the accuracy. I didn’t have a problem with it gumming anything up, but then again, I was shooting it in a Glock.

Wolf now also has their gold line, which is brass cased. Reviews have been mixed.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by DizTbone View Post
    I thought the new Ft. Smith location for Academy would be open sooner...but it's looks to be later...at least later than my next trip to FS. I'll have to check out one of the Tulsa stores late next week.

Michael
    Yea, seems like they are taking forever. They told me the end of this month but you never can tell.

Edit: Slap me with a catfish and call me a liar, they opened yesterday. Snuck it in on me early.
    Last edited by saltysquid; August 18th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

VIP Member
    WWB works for me too. I have not noticed it to be any dirtier than anything else.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links