Best ammo for Glock 29SF...

This is a discussion on Best ammo for Glock 29SF... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would you recommend both for home defense, and good cheap range ammo in 10mm? and which website? Also for those of you who do ...

Thread: Best ammo for Glock 29SF...

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

What would you recommend both for home defense, and good cheap range ammo in 10mm? and which website?

Also for those of you who do your own reloading, any good books to learn about it? how complicated is it? What's the cost of reloading, etc.?

Thanks.

For some hotter 10mm loads, try the Winchester Silvertips or anything from DoubleTap. Most 10mm loads are downloaded to 40SW specs, although for home defense the medium or full power loads might be a bit too much.

I use either American eagle or Remington for range, and silvertips in my g20 for carry...

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

Stack a few Magsafes in front of regular JHP for home defense.
    BUFFALO-BARNES LEAD-FREE 10mm Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Avoid the Magsafes like the plague. Prefragmented gimmick rounds.

Practice, go with whatever you can find cheap.

For defensive rounds, the 175gr Silvertip, or a 180 or 200gr Hornady XTP.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    What would you recommend both for home defense, and good cheap range ammo in 10mm? and which website?

Also for those of you who do your own reloading, any good books to learn about it? how complicated is it? What's the cost of reloading, etc.?

Thanks.
    I run Georgia arms and priv partisan for target.... whatever I can find on sale, or I just twist my own. I use buffalo bore for self defense. Reloading is not complicated if you take your time and pay attention to detail. it will cost you about 5 bills to get started though in terms of equipment dies and reloading supplies.

Carrying Buffalo Bore for now but switching over to Swamp Fox.
    But please please make sure you read about the ammo specific to the g29!

I found for my 20sf for ccw use Underwood ammo 135gr nosler jhp @1600 fps is hard to beat...rapid expansion and possibly 750foot lbs of energy.41$ shipped... for range... Georgia arms 180gr.. save your brass...nothing better than my Lee classic turret press.I ordered 250/box of 150 nosler jhp for 40$ and its accurate.....and full 10mm potential...you'll love the Underwood line.I shoot them out of my stock 2012 glock barrel as well.

Sponsored Links