why not to carry FMJ's

This is a discussion on why not to carry FMJ's within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; apparently this trial is over and he was not found guilty of 1st, but guilty of homicide by negligent handling of a dangerous weapon. They ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: why not to carry FMJ's

apparently this trial is over and he was not found guilty of 1st, but guilty of homicide by negligent handling of a dangerous weapon. They keep stating that the bullet went straight thru the guy and hit the girl, killing her. The point blank range statement was concerning that if someone grabs you and they are trying to cut your head off, you may not have the time to look behind him before you fire. That is not what happened in this case. The shooter was a dumbazz. Oh, the woman that was shot was a cop. Whoops.
    Hey..different strokes for different folks. I wish there was more documented cases to show how many times this happens, or doesnt happen. I guess there is just too many variables. The attorneys ask the witnesses if the guys shirt was black 3000 times, but not where in the body the guy was shot. I would still like to hear your thoughts on fmj's for cc in general. Ive been carrying my lcp with hornady cd this summer because its just so easy to pocket carry.

Andrew Wirth is the defendant. What is also interesting to watch is the "non gun" people and how react to guns and how they are so scary and anyone carrying must be a hoodlum. The way the attorneys will make it seem so odd that someone would have an interest in guns, or carry a gun. Just more reason to stay trained, be smart and avoid trouble when possible. Basically do the opposite of what this guy did. later
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

my life is more valuable to me, than someone behind the BG. sorry

I've made a mental note to stay outa Baltimore, MD.
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; September 8th, 2011 at 04:45 AM.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    A 250lb man is a pretty big boy but I've seen some WalMart shoppers that I'll bet could absorb a 380 FMJ with no worries for anyone standing on the other side.

Problem is, there's never a Walmart around when ya need one...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I've made a mental; note to stay outa Baltimore, MD.
    Probably a good idea anyway. But what i was saying that in a life or death situation, I would rather take the shot and save my life and risk someone behind them, than not take the shot, and die.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    Probably a good idea anyway. But what i was saying that in a life or death situation, I would rather take the shot and save my life and risk someone behind them, than not take the shot, and die.
    I took the time to read up on the situation. Sadly, this was not life and death. It was just three people doing stupid things in stupid places. At any point, any of the three of them could have excused themselves from it, and lived to see a better day.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I took the time to read up on the situation. ..........

Do you have a link to additional info on this story?

Thanks
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    Yeah what ever.....Try to point out a bad call and they get all defensive... Well, so be it, fact is. That's about the most reckless statement I've ever read, and guess what. Your butt would be going to jail for the killing of an innocent bystander. Not to mention the lawsuits and what ever else the prosecution could pile on. Oh' and guess what? You'd deserve every minute of incarceration. Not such a good idea IMO.

But hey a 380 really couldn't do that.....

If it had been a 45 it would have killed 815 people in 2 shots....
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Be aware what is behind your target regardless of what ammunition you are using.
    Buffalo Bore ammo is awesome; if your scared of over penetration their ammo is definitely not for you.
    I love their heavy/hardcast/flatnose/wadcutter line for defensive purposes.
    All the need to do now is make a hot little hardcast .25 acp and their collection would be complete.

If he had of only taken the head shot, it would have went over the innocent bystanders head!

And, I bet he used those eveil reloads, probably made em extra powerful to shoot through a cow. Yep, hes toast.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

3 shots of .380 FMJ killed 2 people?

Nah. I don't believe it. Everyone knows .380 will just make someone mad.

Inspector71 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Thats why I carry personal protection ammo in my .380
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Thats why I carry personal protection ammo in my .380
    What's that?