why not to carry FMJ's

This is a discussion on why not to carry FMJ's within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm amazed at how many people worry about over penetration more than they worry about completely MISSING the target. I surely hope that if anyone ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: why not to carry FMJ's

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I'm amazed at how many people worry about over penetration more than they worry about completely MISSING the target. I surely hope that if anyone ever has to draw and shoot that their target is 10 yards in front and squared up with a bullet blocking barrier behind them.

I hope their intended target is NOT wrestling with them while waving a 6" knife near their throat or gut. imagine this scenario in a public arena. Innocents all around. Imagine being in a headlock (yeah regardless of your training it could happen). You grab your gun, BG grabs your hand. Gun fires. Hits that 6 year old that wasn't there when the fight started but walked around the corner. You then shoot the BG dead. Guess who still shot the girl. Guess who that father is going after. Ain't the dead BG. JHP or FMJ won't matter.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Imagine being in a headlock (yeah regardless of your training it could happen).
    Love watching the UFC and WEC... I've seen guys half my size that could of turned my head into a cranial pancake...

Sorry, off topic...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The use of a firearm--with any type of ammo--is considered using deadly force. It's the law and the situation that will determine this guy's outcome, not the ammo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links