Thinking of selling my .40 Glocks

This is a discussion on Thinking of selling my .40 Glocks within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own Glocks in just about every caliber. I buy them for "completeness" or to have a matched set or whatever. I used to carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thinking of selling my .40 Glocks

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I own Glocks in just about every caliber. I buy them for "completeness" or to have a matched set or whatever. I used to carry the G27 in .40 but truly do not like that caliber. It is just too much recoil. I would rather either carry a 9mm or .45.

I am thinking of selling the two Glocks because I really never see myself using this caliber gun. Even if the SHTF, I see 9mm or .45 as more available calibers.

Thoughts?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I don't want them.

I have never really had any affinity for .40 as a caliber. If you don't enjoy shooting them, and don't envision using them in the future, I'd sell them.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

To each his own, I have a Glock 27 and love it, carry it every day as a matter of fact

I do not care for the .40 caliber either, sell both and get the 36 (if you don't have one).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by afojc View Post
    To each his own, I have a Glock 27 and love it, carry it every day as a matter of fact
    Very true, my Grand Father was fond of saying: "it would be a heck of a world if we all loved the same woman". As for Glocks I have the 27 and 22 both are great for me.

As for SHTF best to have the ammo before the scenario happens.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have never been a huge fan of the .40, but I shot a Glock 22 at the range the other day and I liked it pretty well. If I decide to add a caliber to my stash, it will be a .45 not a .40.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Distinguished Member
    I think you should love every gun you own for one reason or another. If you don't get rid of it and get something you can't live without.

(having said this, can't you just use it as a extra piece of hardware for a front door gun, an office gun, a back porch gun, kitchen cabinet, glove box, trunk, bathroom, or tv chair hardware?)
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Have a 27 & 23, great guns! I find I carry the 23 most of the time.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I've had them and sold them. To me it's the answer to a question I wasn't asking. I know some people like them and that's fine but I look at it this way, If I was limited to FMJ I would want a .45. Since I'm not, I really don't see much of a gain over 9mm. The differences to me are so minimal that I don't see an advantage to it.

If I knew I didn't like one of my safety devices, I wouldn't want to take it with me and depend on it. I carry only the most confident tool that my life will depend on. And confidence isn't driven solely on caliber.

If you want capacity, get a 9mm. If you want a large caliber, get a .45.

If you want both, get a 10mm.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I have glocks in 9mm and .40 both are great. I can do surgery with the G19 but the G23 is a thumper. Granted the .45 is more fun but I have a Kimber 1911 for that. The .40 is about the "biggest" I wil go in a Glock.

That being said I "feel" Glocks are supior handguns for concealed carry. That being said I am more than comfortable with any of the 9mm or .40 variants. I have not met a .45 that can compate to the size, capacity and dependabilit of a 27 or 26.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I have a lot of friends that are cops most of them carry 45s I carry a 9mm on and off duty with the option of a 45 if I want to. I have an XD40 and hate it and had a Kahr K40 and hated it. I could do w/o 40s too.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

"too much recoil?".....no such thing. Recoil is our friend.

never met a Glock I didn't like. I have them in 9mm, .40, .357SIG and .45, and like all good parents, I try to love them equally.....but the .357SIG is hands down my favorite to shoot. I love the nasty stares from the guys in the stalls next to me at the indoor range. Can you say loud? Oooooh, yeah.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    "too much recoil?".....no such thing. Recoil is our friend.

never met a Glock I didn't like. I have them in 9mm, .40, .357SIG and .45, and like all good parents, I try to love them equally.....but the .357SIG is hands down my favorite to shoot. I love the nasty stares from the guys in the stalls next to me at the indoor range. Can you say loud? Oooooh, yeah.
    Ha! The 10mm makes em move away!

OP, you obviously aren't happy with the 40S&W so dump them. No practical need in keeping something you don't like. Use the money (money already spent on a gun) and buy one you are absolutely infatuated with. I have a Glock 29 I may be selling real soon. I love 10mm, and I only bought it because it is 10mm, not because it's a Glock. After carrying a 1911 I don't want that bulky thing on my hip anymore. I will be using the Glock money to fund another 1911 purchase. Yes, I have a full size 10mm 1911 now, and a 10mm CCO on the way to fill that void. :)

Buy what you want and get rid of what you don't.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links