critical defense/ short barrels - Page 6

critical defense/ short barrels

This is a discussion on critical defense/ short barrels within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rightwing LOL! Yep, my bad.... Trying to create an comparison with rifle bullet technology. I guess it only made sense in my ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: critical defense/ short barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    LOL! Yep, my bad.... Trying to create an comparison with rifle bullet technology. I guess it only made sense in my head!!!!
    It was slipping long before that, my friend. I guess its about played out
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Update on Hornady CD ---

I have to come to agree with Glockman and AZHawk on this issue. I did an extensive internet search, and discovered that there is basically no QC at the Hornady factory, at least for handgun bullets. There are multiple reports of extremely hard or dud primers in multiple calibers (I read about 9 and 40) and in multiple lots of ammo.
    Also, in the VERY limited terminal ballistic tests I was able to find, CD often failed to expand. I think the lack of outside/independent testing is a big turn-off for me. Golden Saber, Gold Dot, HST, Ranger series/PDX, all of these have extensive testing data available, not only from the manufacturers, but from several PD/SO test events, and amateur (Tnoutdoors 9) testing on You Tube.

My Critical Defense is going into my "rainy day" stash. I went to my local gunshop, and bought 100 rounds of Winchester Q4369 (which I have learned, through this forum, is the same as the PDX-1) and 100 rounds of Federal XM40HC (which I learned, from Federal, is the HST 180gr bullet, in a brass casing, and is overrun contract ammo). I've loaded my 4 9-round mags with alternating Q4369 and XM40HC; thinking being, I'll get deeper penetration from the Q4369 and probably more expansion from the HST.

I should have listened in the first place, and not spent $50 on 'critical crap' as it has been dubbed by Glockman. I'd advise others to stay away.
    AZ Hawk likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links