SD Ammo, SD, and what it means and why - Page 6

SD Ammo, SD, and what it means and why

This is a discussion on SD Ammo, SD, and what it means and why within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, gman, it does but that counts for less than the tests. You see it's not the same....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: SD Ammo, SD, and what it means and why

Yeah, gman, it does but that counts for less than the tests. You see it's not the same.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    It sure would be better to quit reading the tests and go shoot.
    I've put nearly 3,000 rounds down range in the last two weeks, and that number is quite out of my budget. If I had free ammo, you'd probably never see me on here, as I could spend three hours a day training. Hell, I'd incorporate my exercise program into a shooting program if I had free ammo!
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

A "pistols and push-ups" sort of thing, eh!

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    A "pistols and push-ups" sort of thing, eh!
    Kinda. There's nothing like simulated stress training if you want to be really good at what you do, and a really good way to simulate stress is to work yourself into the Condition Red and Black heart rate zones and then shoot. That's when you find out how good of a shot you are!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

These days my shooting is more for " relaxation techniques" , lol. Some will think badly of this, with all the defensive talk and all, but my guns are more of an enjoyment tool. Maybe I'm losing my edge, or just crossing into a different realm.
    But, I will always have a pistola on me for either.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

They're more an enjoyment tool for many than they would care to admit. BUT IT'S ALL RIGHT!

I enjoy maintaining a level of handgun shooting skills and enjoy owning handguns but guns are a hobby for me. Fun to own. Fun to shoot. It all doesn't have to be so serious all the time.

Besides, I admire the rifle most of all.

"the rifle is the Queen of the battle" --Jeff Cooper
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Kinda. There's nothing like simulated stress training if you want to be really good at what you do, and a really good way to simulate stress is to work yourself into the Condition Red and Black heart rate zones and then shoot. That's when you find out how good of a shot you are!

AZhawk careful what you wish for. Youtube Rob Pincus and James Yeager, they both have shooting/exercise videos up now.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links