"Hey look I shot 5 rounds into a water jug and..."

This is a discussion on "Hey look I shot 5 rounds into a water jug and..." within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, didn't think this would garner that many results. Good points guys....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: "Hey look I shot 5 rounds into a water jug and..."

Wow, didn't think this would garner that many results. Good points guys.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I bought 1000 rounds of "three letter agency" overrun 180 gr. Federal HST .40 S&W @ 18.99 per 50 (shipping included). It was only a couple bucks more per 50 than what it costs me to buy training ammo, and that seemed pretty reasonably priced to me. People get into trouble in regards to cost of self defense ammunition when they are looking at the 20 round boxes you find in gun shops like Rem. Golden Sabers and Win. PDX1 rather than the 50 round LE boxes you can get online.

Anyone looking for an excellent deal on an excellent 180 gr. .40 S&W SD ammunition should take a look here: 50 rds - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com / The ammo in the link is exactly the same ammo the FBI uses; it's the LE packaging of the civilian PDX1.

But, yes, I do agree on your original point that you should not have to pay $1 per round like you do at most gun shops as that's pretty ridiculous.
    It seems most people's objections with the designer SD rounds really come down to price. And yes, I agree, it's way overpriced. I could say the same thing about S&W revolvers. My Taurus will do the same thing to a BG that the S&W does at double the price. For the difference in price I can buy a lot of Speer Gold Dot ammo. Like I said, it's a free country.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Defintely an excellent price. And you are correct, also, there are good buys out there, IF one can seperate the BS from reality. And it sounds like you have. Ill have to check that out so thanks for the heads up.
    No problem.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Defintely an excellent price. And you are correct, also, there are good buys out there, IF one can seperate the BS from reality. And it sounds like you have. Ill have to check that out so thanks for the heads up.
    That is a good price.
    I have found that Remington, Winchester, and Federal make SD rounds that go for much less than others out their, and many of their SD options come in 50 round boxes, usually at the 20-25 dollar mark. So they have gotten my business. If Corbon, Speer, Buffalo Bore, exc want to sell 20 rd boxes for 27 bucks they can do that too, but I can't afford that, so they don't get my business.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Didn't Jullian Hatcher use corpses to determine bullet expansion.
    Now that was a man that was before his time. Pity this country is so PC and won't allow a re-trial.
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links