Settling the 9mm "124 gr. vs 147 gr." Debate

This is a discussion on Settling the 9mm "124 gr. vs 147 gr." Debate within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wasn't aware this was even a full fledged debate. I got lost in the 38 is better than 380, 9mm is better than both, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Settling the 9mm "124 gr. vs 147 gr." Debate

I wasn't aware this was even a full fledged debate. I got lost in the 38 is better than 380, 9mm is better than both, and the you're a little girlie man if you don't CC a full sized 1911 chambered in .45 debates to notice.

There are more arguments in the firearm communities than I've ever seen anywhere else. I think the Baptists vs Lutherans find more common ground than we do. lol

2. Remove Ads

testing should be done like in the program "Deadliest Warrior".
    Instead of lame blocks of gel, they should use the whole torso, complete with sim bones and organs. I think that would be a better measure of performance.
    Just sayin..... Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
    I like Pie too. I also chuckle at people who ridicule Marshall & Sanow results from actual shootings. How do we know how any round performs? By it's performance in real life. There are those that say prove those are real numbers. I say, prove you took a dump this week. I bet you did, and more than once. And people quote Dr. Roberts all the time like he's and infallable ammo god. He discounts velocity because he can't measure it's effects. Expansion and penetration is all that matters. Well real life proves a big advantage when velocity approaches and exceeds 1350fps combined with good penetration and expansion. What did Dr. Roberts go to school for? What are his degrees and speciality? Thats right, say it, say it. He's a dentist. Thank you.
    A dentist! No wonder my gun hurts when I shoot it.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Is there a winner?

Winners are 124+P and 147+P your choice! Anyone familiar with Underwood Ammo?

9mm Luger +P 124 Grain Bonded Jacket Hollow Point Box of 50
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    No 9mm bullet has enough mass to penetrate the denser bones of the human body. 9mm is good at penetrating soft objects like cartilage due to it's smaller size and higher velocities, and it's possible to make a 9mm soft AP bullet if you make the bullet small enough. (Arcane makes/made a 45 gr. 9mm bullet that moved at 2400 fps and was capable of defeating most any soft armor). The 9mm was never designed to penetrate hard targets.
    This , this right here if proof you have no clue what you are talking about, let alone bringing up roberts and his regurgitation of what EVERYONE else has been saying for years. NO service round was "DESIGNED" to pierce so called hard targets, but the 9mm will out penetrate all but the 357 sig rd. I've seen the 9mm used against auto sheetmetal as well as 45 in the same incident, the 9mm pentrated the door and the felon while the 45 dimpled the door and fell to the ground. I've also seen 147 9's fail to pentrate a car door as well as side glass, you can keep your 147 garbage and that's what this load is despite all of the fanboy hype. Sorry but this thread is FAIL.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links