Least Expensive Place to Buy Ammo (Store/Online)

This is a discussion on Least Expensive Place to Buy Ammo (Store/Online) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where are the best places to go that consistently have GREAT prices on ammunition (physical store or online)? So far, it looks like WalMart takes ...

Thread: Least Expensive Place to Buy Ammo (Store/Online)

Where are the best places to go that consistently have GREAT prices on ammunition (physical store or online)?

So far, it looks like WalMart takes the cake for me.

I have found that Midway USA has good prices with good shipping charges and the other one I use is Graf & Son my last order was over $100 and I got free shipping

I've been looking for a good place to buy as well. So far, Cheaperthandirt.com seems to have the best prices, although I haven't ordered from them yet. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experiences with them.

Which caliber?
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Take a look at SGAmmo.com. I buy mostly bulk military from them.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

+1 on ATG. Be careful with CTD; they tend to match cheaper prices with higher shipping cost. AIM Surplus is another place that often has good prices.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

No one beats Wal Mart in our area......for range ammo! I order my carry ammo from Double Tap.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by Penhall View Post
    So far, Cheaperthandirt.com seems to have the best prices, although I haven't ordered from them yet. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experiences with them.
    When .380 was scarce, Cheaper than Dirt was asking $1+ a round, saying, "It's like playoff tickets." They were scalping it.
    So, I have a good memory, and will never buy from them.
    I look to "Ammunition-to-Go" first. They have fair prices, and their shipping is so fast, I don't know how they do it short of galley slaves and a drum.
    Then I'd compare Cabelas, Natchez, and Sportsman's Guide, although Sportsman's Guide once took a year to fulfill a backorder. (They did offer a refund.)

You won't beat Wal*Mart if you don't care about brands. They'll charge sales tax, which offsets shipping online.
    If you want WWB ammo, go to Wal*Mart.

I've found this search tool useful:

http://AmmoSeek.com

Georgia Arms - **SELECT BY CALIBER

500 rds of 40 delivered was about $150 after shipping and came with a free metal ammo can.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

When I want the best ammo that doesn't cost much, I go to the basement and roll my own.

Ammo is like shopping for anything else - shop around. Some places will have a great price on one particular brand, caliber, or style but go up your pants leg on something different.

While doing comparative shopping, check out "Sportsmans Guide" at www.sportsmansguide.com who usually have some pretty good deals that are generally as good (if not better) than anyplace else.

I buy in bulk at the large gun shows her in Phoenix. You get hit with nearly 10% sales tax, but it's still cheaper than having it shipped. At the summer show, Federal 5.56 was around 30-32 cents a round, depending on how many cases you bought.

In smaller quantities, Ammo to Go is usually a good deal, and AmmoMan.com can have good deals on occasion (and their prices include delivery).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Take a look at SGAmmo.com. I buy mostly bulk military from them.
    I agree. SGAmmo always seems to have the best prices, and they usually ship your orders the day after you order them.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Sponsored Links