USA Owned --- USA Built Ammunition list?

USA Owned --- USA Built Ammunition list?

This is a discussion on USA Owned --- USA Built Ammunition list? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I figured some of you guys may already have a list written up, but I am looking to make a list of USA owned and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: USA Owned --- USA Built Ammunition list?

  1. #1
    Member Array Tros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    489

    USA Owned --- USA Built Ammunition list?

    I figured some of you guys may already have a list written up, but I am looking to make a list of USA owned and built ammunition. How does my list look? Am I incorrect, or missing any brands? Thank you in advance.

    - Black Hills
    - Blazer
    - Buffalo Bore
    - CCI
    - Corbon
    - Double Tap
    - Hornady
    - Precision One
    - Speer
    - Remington
    - Ultramax
    - USA Ammo
    Beretta 92FS


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array 357and40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Charles, Missouri
    Posts
    2,352
    I would knock USA Ammo off the list. They have VERY poor products, customer service that could not care less about you and a reputation that should equate to them being out of business.

    In short, they suck....
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,530
    Federal?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    Winchester?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    1,595
    Winchester
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

  6. #6
    Member Array Tros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I would knock USA Ammo off the list. They have VERY poor products, customer service that could not care less about you and a reputation that should equate to them being out of business.

    In short, they suck....
    Definitely worth knowing. Thank you!
    Beretta 92FS

  7. #7
    Member Array Tros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Federal?
    Good catch. I managed to put Corbon and Blazer there, but I forgot Federal.
    Beretta 92FS

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,530
    Winchester is American owned, but subs out production of "white box" ammo to Israel and Croatia. FWIW I never had a problem with the Croatian pistol ammo, but I have seen numerous examples of blind primer pockets on the Israeli-made 5.56 (Q3131A).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Winchester is American owned, but subs out production of "white box" ammo to Israel and Croatia. FWIW I never had a problem with the Croatian pistol ammo, but I have seen numerous examples of blind primer pockets on the Israeli-made 5.56 (Q3131A).
    Smitty, you are THE MAN. Very cool. Good info. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

  10. #10
    Member Array Tros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Winchester?
    I know Winchester Repeating Arms Company isn't 100% American owned; is Winchester Ammunition completely separate from Winchester Repeating Arms Company? I know the Olin Corporation produces the ammunition, but I'm not sure of their connection with Winchester Repeating Arms Company... Does anybody have any input on the ownership?
    Beretta 92FS

  11. #11
    Member Array Tros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Winchester is American owned, but subs out production of "white box" ammo to Israel and Croatia. FWIW I never had a problem with the Croatian pistol ammo, but I have seen numerous examples of blind primer pockets on the Israeli-made 5.56 (Q3131A).
    Very good reply. You posted a reply while I was working on one. :)
    Beretta 92FS

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,098
    I tell ye', sonny boy, when we was young-uns all we had was Remington, Winchester, and Federal. We got 'er done with only those three, all producing the same basic load with the same bullet weight selection and same bullet shape. I tell ya', it was tough in those days, walking 20 miles to school each day, barefoot in the snow, totin' great heavy .38s and .45s, loaded up with that ammo and carried Mexican style, poked in our waistbands with nary a holster between us. Uphill both ways it was too!

    Ya don't see geography like that now-days.
    Guantes, AZ Hawk and JDE101 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,530
    Brian - you had waistbands?
    zeppelin03 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array AZ Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I tell ye', sonny boy, when we was young-uns all we had was Remington, Winchester, and Federal. We got 'er done with only those three, all producing the same basic load with the same bullet weight selection and same bullet shape. I tell ya', it was tough in those days, walking 20 miles to school each day, barefoot in the snow, totin' great heavy .38s and .45s, loaded up with that ammo and carried Mexican style, poked in our waistbands with nary a holster between us. Uphill both ways it was too!

    Ya don't see geography like that now-days.
    It's amazing that firearms were still able to kill people since they didn't have any super duper insta-kill hollow points around!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

    “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    It's amazing that firearms were still able to kill people since they didn't have any super duper insta-kill hollow points around!
    Or +p's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ammo made in the usa
,
ammo made in usa
,
ammunition made in the usa
,
ammunition made in usa
,

precision one ammo

,
precision one ammo review
,

precision one ammo reviews

,

precision one ammunition

,
precision one ammunition review
,

precision one ammunition reviews

,
us made ammo
,
usa made ammunition
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors