Defensive Carry banner

Winchester Q4369 .40 S&W - Thoughts?

10K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  MP9NewMexico 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My local FFL guy (runs a gun shop from his house lol) is having a sale on this ammo for $18/50 rounds. Is this decent stuff?

Thanks!

#2 ·
It's the carry ammo of the FBI, and it's good stuff.

#3 ·
#4 ·
What with the secret three letter Gov Agency comment? Is that HUD, DOD, DOE, or a cast of thousand agencies!:blink:
Hehe, I'm not sure. I know with 100% certainty that the FBI carries it, but beyond that I have no idea.

#10 ·
#9 ·
Yeah it's way cheaper than the PDX, which he also has, and which is $19.99 for 20 rounds.

#13 ·
Gold Dots are really great. I think of the bonded bullets from the major ammo companies (Rem, Winchester, and Speer --- Federal doesn't offer bonded HST), they have the deepest penetration. Expansion of Gold Dots is less than Winchester PDX/Ranger bonded, but they do penetrate quite a bit deeper.

#14 ·
I don't really care much about how big a bullet expands, but rather I care about how consistently it expands.

On that note, however, the 9mm Gold Dots expand just as much or more than the PDX/Ranger Bonded across the board.

#15 ·
Gold Dots are most definitely an awesome round. No question.
My late father in law, whose XD40 I now own and use as my CCW, was ex-LEO, ex-military, and just loved shooting and hunting. Only thing he carried in his XD40 and Colt 1911 were Gold Dots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.