Winchester Q4369 .40 S&W - Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Winchester Q4369 .40 S&W - Thoughts? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, My local FFL guy (runs a gun shop from his house lol) is having a sale on this ammo for $18/50 rounds. Is ...

Hey guys,

My local FFL guy (runs a gun shop from his house lol) is having a sale on this ammo for $18/50 rounds. Is this decent stuff?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Hey guys,

My local FFL guy (runs a gun shop from his house lol) is having a sale on this ammo for $18/50 rounds. Is this decent stuff?

Thanks!
    It's the carry ammo of the FBI, and it's good stuff.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Good price for one box, but if you want 500 rounds SGAmmo has it for $15.90 a box and with shipping ± $18.00 box.

500 rds - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com

What with the secret three letter Gov Agency comment? Is that HUD, DOD, DOE, or a cast of thousand agencies!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    What with the secret three letter Gov Agency comment? Is that HUD, DOD, DOE, or a cast of thousand agencies!
    Hehe, I'm not sure. I know with 100% certainty that the FBI carries it, but beyond that I have no idea.

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Hehe, I'm not sure. I know with 100% certainty that the FBI carries it, but beyond that I have no idea.
    Well I suppose then I should probably check it out!
    It comes in a crappy white box with only "Winchester" on the top and sides and the load number...we thinking of the same stuff?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Is that the same as the PDX-1?

Well I suppose then I should probably check it out!
    It comes in a crappy white box with only "Winchester" on the top and sides and the load number...we thinking of the same stuff?
    Yeah. Government agencies get their ammo from Winchester and Federal in "crappy white boxes."

And I do believe it is the same as the PDX1 180 gr. load. This is obviously far cheaper, however, since it's government overrun.

If it is in fact the PDX1s that the FBI uses that is an awesome price for some premium SD ammo. I'd pick up a few boxes if I had the chance to.

Yeah it's way cheaper than the PDX, which he also has, and which is $19.99 for 20 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    If it is in fact the PDX1s that the FBI uses that is an awesome price for some premium SD ammo. I'd pick up a few boxes if I had the chance to.
    You DO have the chance to do so.

Check these links:

50 rds - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com

50 rds - 40 Cal Federal HST 180 Grain Government Contract Ammo XM40HC | SGAmmo.com

50 rds - 40 Cal Federal HST 155 Grain Government Contract Ammo XM40HB | SGAmmo.com

Haha thanks for the help. If I could get it locally I would buy a box or two. I'm very happy with the .40 Gold Dots that I carry and I don't see a reason to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Haha thanks for the help. If I could get it locally I would buy a box or two. I'm very happy with the .40 Gold Dots that I carry and I don't see a reason to switch.
    No worries.

I like my Gold Dots (9x19) as well.

Gold Dots are really great. I think of the bonded bullets from the major ammo companies (Rem, Winchester, and Speer --- Federal doesn't offer bonded HST), they have the deepest penetration. Expansion of Gold Dots is less than Winchester PDX/Ranger bonded, but they do penetrate quite a bit deeper.

Gold Dots are really great. I think of the bonded bullets from the major ammo companies (Rem, Winchester, and Speer --- Federal doesn't offer bonded HST), they have the deepest penetration. Expansion of Gold Dots is less than Winchester PDX/Ranger bonded, but they do penetrate quite a bit deeper.
    I don't really care much about how big a bullet expands, but rather I care about how consistently it expands.

On that note, however, the 9mm Gold Dots expand just as much or more than the PDX/Ranger Bonded across the board.

Gold Dots are most definitely an awesome round. No question.
    My late father in law, whose XD40 I now own and use as my CCW, was ex-LEO, ex-military, and just loved shooting and hunting. Only thing he carried in his XD40 and Colt 1911 were Gold Dots.

Links