bulk ammo

bulk ammo

This is a discussion on bulk ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for 1000 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ. Anyone know any smokin hot deals anywhere out there?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: bulk ammo

bulk ammo

Looking for 1000 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ. Anyone know any smokin hot deals anywhere out there?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I buy in that kind of quantity at the big gun shows that Miwall Corp attends (Phoenix area).

Other than that, shop AmmoMan.com (shipping is included in his price) and AmmoToGo.com.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Im wondering if I should just buy the components and re-load 1000 rounds? Might be a good winter time project.

Rainer plated bullets-$28
    Starline brass- $140
    primers-$30
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Georgia Arms does 1K rounds 165/180gr 'canned heat' for $260+shipping.

I've done a lot of business with Georgia Arms, and NEVER had a problem with their ammo after over a thousand rounds.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Im wondering if I should just buy the components and re-load 1000 rounds? Might be a good winter time project.

Rainer plated bullets-$28
    Starline brass- $140
    primers-$30
    2000 S&W 40 RELOADING RANGE BRASS 40S&W : Supplies at GunBroker.com

Auctions like the one above are on gun broker all the time and will save you some serious money on brass. Do you have a progressive press already?
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Just ordered another 500 rds from Georgia Arms... they have always done me right.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Hey guys was just checking out the 9mm at georgia arms and had a question. What exactly is the NATO round?

How is Georgia Arms brass for re-loading? Im assuming their ammo is loaded in new brass.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have purchased from Georgia Arms and was very satisfied with their reloads. They are typical, don't get me wrong: more than usual blow-by and more frequent cleaning needed, but that should be expected when shooting reloads. I have about 700 rounds left of the last 2000 I bought from them and I've experienced no problems with any of them at all.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    How is Georgia Arms brass for re-loading? Im assuming their ammo is loaded in new brass.
    It says 'once fired brass'.

They will buy brass back. Last I checked, it was about $5 each for 100 casings of either .45ACP or .38SPL.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I usually buy from sportsmansguide.com, never went wrong with them. Haven't checked their prices on .40 lately but they do ship fast and have great service.

I've purchased from Gerogia Arms before and other than one time during the ammo shortage having an order back ordered I never had any problems. If you look closely at the ammo descriptions someof it is once fired brass, some of it New. The canned heat is always once fired.
    I can't say for sure because I have never ordered the canned heat, but I think they send it in an ammo can too, another plus if you want an ammo can.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I've purchased from Gerogia Arms before and other than one time during the ammo shortage having an order back ordered I never had any problems. If you look closely at the ammo descriptions someof it is once fired brass, some of it New. The canned heat is always once fired.
    I can't say for sure because I have never ordered the canned heat, but I think they send it in an ammo can too, another plus if you want an ammo can.
    Yes. Their Canned Heat comes in an appropriately sized ammo can. And, they usually make sure it has a really good seal before they give it to you. -The one I have is a real pain to open sometimes, but I appreciate how well it keeps my ammo dry with a couple small desiccant bags tossed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azchief View Post
    Hey guys was just checking out the 9mm at georgia arms and had a question. What exactly is the NATO round?
    A NATO round is one loaded to NATO specifications, not standard SAAMI pressure specifications. NATO pressure maximums are generally somewhat higher than standard SAAMI - about equal to +P loads. I am referring to 9mm, obviously. 5.56 and 7.62 are another matter.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks for the reply Majorik. Not sure if the NATO is the best for me I know Beretta says the PX4 can handle it but not recommended for extended use though that may just be CYA on their end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links