Winchester .223 55gr. SilverTip for home Defense????

This is a discussion on Winchester .223 55gr. SilverTip for home Defense???? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought a Bustmaster M4 16 inch barrel rifle with 1:9 twist! Despoite pro's & Cons of a .223 rifle for home defense-this is ...

Thread: Winchester .223 55gr. SilverTip for home Defense????

I recently bought a Bustmaster M4 16 inch barrel rifle with 1:9 twist! Despoite pro's & Cons of a .223 rifle for home defense-this is the rifle I am expert with! I am interested in a .223 round that will have the least chanc
    of penetrating my houses exterior wall and visiting my neighbor's house! I am considering the 55gr. Winchester Silvertip Winchester® Supreme® Ballistic Silvertip® - .223 Rem. 55gr 20/Box - Natchez Shooters Supplies Supreme® Ballistic Silvertip® - .223 Rem. 55gr 20/Box ! A police officer friend of mine stated that they use this round in a urban area and that this round rarely leaves a body when shot & has
    never exited the exterior wall of any house!

I am open to your opinions on this round and any other rounds you think won't exit the wall of a house!
    Thank-you for your input!
    Semper Fi!

RKM
    Hornady 75gr TAP in .223 or 5.56. the .223 variety will be much easier to find. The heavier weight performs well in angry living creatures, yet will have poor performance through barriers, which is usually preferred for home defense. For rounds that a good through barriers, expansion, fragmentation, it starts to get tricky.

Don't worry about bullet weight vs. twist for home defense. This is only a concern when shooting at distance. If you're planning on defending from beyond 100 yards, I'd go with some lighter.

Read the post in the defensive rifle section. There is a thread where .223 and 5.56 defensive rounds have been discussed to death and links galore.
    Self Defense Ammo for .223?

Sponsored Links