Good story on the relative importance of accuracy vs caliber - Page 2

Good story on the relative importance of accuracy vs caliber

This is a discussion on Good story on the relative importance of accuracy vs caliber within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, well I think the bag , the finger and then the two shirts along with pudgy belly that should be considered. Not to mention ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good story on the relative importance of accuracy vs caliber

Yeah, well I think the bag, the finger and then the two shirts along with pudgy belly that should be considered. Not to mention the fact that, if the bullet path would have been bag, finger, head. I think the outcome would have been much worse... Just sayin.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    1. I should have told you Newton's laws of motion don't apply how you obviously think they apply in this case due to the mass of the firearm being much greater than the mass of the bullet, but I thought that was obvious, i.e., the bullet leaves the muzzle before the slide begins to cycle due to it's high speed and low mass in comparison to the much heavier slide, therefore it does not matter whether or not the gun is supported.

Go to 1:20 - Bullets and Guns: Amazing Slow Motion Video - YouTube

2. Pelican cases made for laptops are aluminum, but that's pretty much it. The medium sized Pelican cases with the foam in them that people such as myself use for travel are made out of plastic. This is the exact Pelican case I and many others use to travel with firearms: Pelican*Products*1470*Case

3. 1/3 of American children are overweight, and 1/5 are obese. You've never met one?
    1. Newton's third law has nothing to due with the slide moving. It would effect the breech block or breech face before it did anything to the slide. You are the one having the problem understanding "equal and opposite reaction" not I. If one were to follow your logic there should be no recoil with a revolver.
    2. Yes I apologize. I mistyped when I said Pelican. I meant to say Plano cases.
    3.Guess I've only met the 2/3 that aren't overweight and the 4/5 that aren't obese. Using your numbers I like my odds better.

We could argue ballastics, what a bullet may have penetrated first, where it hit, and what damage was done until they're serving snow-cones in hell. However, I'm in full agreement with many that such an accidental self-discharge of a true, unmodified 1911 is impossible - especially in the manner described. Either the whole story is totally fabricated BS, or (if true) the alledged self-discharge is most likely only a lame alibi given by an irresponsible father (guilty of his own careless discharge of the weapon) trying to cover his ass better than he covered that of his son.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    We could argue ballastics, what a bullet may have penetrated first, where it hit, and what damage was done until they're serving snow-cones in hell. However, I'm in full agreement with many that such an accidental self-discharge of a true, unmodified 1911 is impossible - especially in the manner described. Either the whole story is totally fabricated BS, or (if true) the alledged self-discharge is most likely only a lame alibi given by an irresponsible father (guilty of his own careless discharge of the weapon) trying to cover his ass better than he covered that of his son.
    I agree! I do not see how this could be a "Good story on the relative importance of accuracy vs caliber".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Wow. Heated discussion and some harsh words. So much for Thanksgiving and the meaning of the holiday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links