Not rotating your ammo =Kaboom? long

This is a discussion on Not rotating your ammo =Kaboom? long within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 That makes much more sense than too much Shake 'n Bake on the ammo. I have never had a squib, or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Not rotating your ammo =Kaboom? long

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That makes much more sense than too much Shake 'n Bake on the ammo. I have never had a squib, or even seen one, but would there not be a noticeable lack of report and recoil from the faulty round?
    I've had a (1) squib with some of my reloads. During and IDPA match. Recoil was the same, and as far as I know, the report was the same. It took me two tap/racks (would not chamber another round - fortunately) for an SO to yell "STOP" because he thought is sounded a little off.

I have also seen a new box of factory ammo that was dropped from 3' onto the ground, and there were 3 rounds in the box that were set all the way down against the powder. I have encountered the same with my reloads and have since changed my crimp from "looks good" to tightening it down until taking several firm taps against the rear on a steel plate then re-mic for COAL that drops no more than .005".
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for your comments on your ammo prob.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links