Hornady Zombie rds - What? - Page 2

Hornady Zombie rds - What?

This is a discussion on Hornady Zombie rds - What? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't get the zombie thing these days. On tv, radio, and now ammo. You all will have to forgive me, but I do my ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hornady Zombie rds - What?

I don't get the zombie thing these days. On tv, radio, and now ammo. You all will have to forgive me, but I do my best to live in the stone age, and am out of the loop. What is this zombie rage? A movie or video games?

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I don't get the zombie thing these days. On tv, radio, and now ammo. You all will have to forgive me, but I do my best to live in the stone age, and am out of the loop. What is this zombie rage? A movie or video games?
    You've heard the old adage, eat what you kill?

Well zombies are the inverse. What you kill eats you.

The zombie rage just goes along with all that 2012 apocalypse stuff. I carry critical defense everyday, and I wouldn't mind having a few boxes of zombie max for haha's. It's very clever marketing, can't hate a company for selling themed stuff to us, people love it.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'll probably get a box for the novelty of it. It'll be a neat keepsake if they stop making it and you have a box of it stored somewhere.

When the zombies come, I will take any ammo ...... at one of our local paintball , well our only paintball range, they had a zombie kill hay ride for halloween, which was such a hit that you had to get tickets days in advance and only got them then if you were lucky, lol ..... did not go, not paying 100 bucks to shoot a paintball gun, but appearantly it was appealing to a whole lot of people, of course if you booked the whole wagon you got a discount.....my wife asked if I was going, i thought, zombie kill or new custom holster..... I chose to wait two weeks on the new holster....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Hornady ammo,only a "ZOMBIE" would use this crap!

i just ordered some to. its all about the conversation

Come on guys, lighten up. Its all in fun.
    Katana likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteMP View Post
    Haha, just what I was thinking.
    And what is worse is I saw a Ruger the other day with a green Z on it. It was a Zombie 9mm. Really? I do not think it was a joke. I think it is a coordinated marketing effort. NOT helpful for the shooting sports.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Just a novelty item, something to talk about. I thought it was clever myself and If your into that kind of thing then cool. No one is making you buy it. You can't blame a company for selling something that makes them money, thats why they're in business.
    It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?

keep your nose in the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    And what is worse is I saw a Ruger the other day with a green Z on it. It was a Zombie 9mm. Really? I do not think it was a joke. I think it is a coordinated marketing effort. NOT helpful for the shooting sports.
    You mean like the Zombie Slayer LCP?

Like I said its all in fun. Remember fun? Michael Bane did a episode of Shooting Gallery on Zombies. Hickock 45 did one too. If you are ready for the zombie apocolypse then you will be ready for anything REAL. All we are trained on is there. SA, shot placement, hardening of home, ect. I guess shooting round after round on a plain brown tombstone target gets you better prepared? I love shooting sports of all kinds and each has its own place so why get so upset over zombies. Bottom line is we all "pretend" to do what we think will happen in real life, this just makes it a little more colorful and fun. Don't think we all pretend? I have never shot a pigieon in real life, but have wasted a lot of my childhood and adult life shooting clay ones and enjoyed every hit and learned from every miss. Kinda like having a box of Zombie Maxx ammo or setting up a zombie target on the range. Ok I know I'm an old guy and ramble a lot, but one last example. " I asked Mr. George Tubb( late member of NRA executive board) one time how he could justify shooting a $10,000 Purdy shotgun at a local range. This was back in 1976 or so. That gun is worth 500,000 now. He said, Denver its like going to a dance. Dance with a pretty girl or an ugly girl, the dance will be the same. But you will enjoy the dance with a pretty girl a whole lot more". Practice will always be something we do, but its a little more fun to double tap a brain shot on a half decayed corpse target at 50 ft. Just my opinion.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I picked up a few boxes of 9mm. They are a great conversation piece, so I'll probably shoot all but one box.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I was in my LGS after Christmas and they had a stack of Zombie ammo on the counter. Told me it was flying out of there as fast as they could get it. It may not make sense, but it's one smart marketing ploy.

The Zombie Apocalypse is real. Everyone knows this. I was watching a series of documentary films about the Zombie Apocalypse (starring Milla Jovovich) just last night. Of course we need special ammunition for Zombies.
    P95Falconer likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links