Your inventory of carry ammo

This is a discussion on Your inventory of carry ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Enough for my EDC in JHP daily carry rounds, and more than enough FMJ to fill in should I use up my JHP in a ...

View Poll Results: How many rounds of ammo do you currently have in your inventory for your carry weapon

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 100 rounds

27 14.06%
  • From 101 to 250 rounds

26 13.54%
  • From 251 to 500 rounds

40 20.83%
  • From 501 to 1000 rounds

45 23.44%
  • From 1000 to 2500 rounds

26 13.54%
  • More than 2500 rounds

28 14.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your inventory of carry ammo

Enough for my EDC in JHP daily carry rounds, and more than enough FMJ to fill in should I use up my JHP in a SHTF situation. For Bug's, several hundred rounds for each BUG...For .22lr pistols/revolvers, several thousand rounds...I'm comfortable enough that I could probaby use a bit as "trade" in a survival situation...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

usually keep around 2000 rounds of range ammo for each caliber, and a couple hundred rounds of JHP for each caliber.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

VIP Member
    I voted in the poll before I read the OP, my vote of 251-500 was for carry ammo only. If I add in range ammo for my .45 it's more like 3500-4000
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Thanks to another great find at SGAmmo, I'll be sitting at right around 2,500 in the coming week. That would break down as about 1,800 rounds of practice ammo, & about 650 rounds of SD ammo.
    Paying for it will take a couple paychecks, however...but it's hard to pass up a good deal!

This is a good follow-up to the previous ammo poll from June 2011, found here:
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    This is a good follow-up to the previous ammo poll from June 2011, found here:
    ^ Thanks for that link.

It's fun to see how I've progressed, through this year!

Is NSA asking this question?
    mr.stuart likes this.

Okay just curious, am I the only forum member that's geeky enough to keep an ammunition inventory spreadsheet? hehehe

I chose answer d) 501 - 1000 ... for each carry gun. I don't stock up on a lot of practice ammo, I just buy it and shoot it at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
    Okay just curious, am I the only forum member that's geeky enough to keep an ammunition inventory spreadsheet? hehehe
    Uh, NO; I can confirm that you are not.
    Last edited by CharlieW; February 19th, 2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Carry ammo is around 500 rounds between .380, 9mm, .40, and ,.45 and just ordered 1,000 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of .40ACP today for practice from cheaper than dirt
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
    Nope, you are not. I reload and not only have an inventory of finished goods, but an inventory of components and a min stocking quantity for finished goods that triggers when to reload and the same system tells me when to order/get more supplies. The system knows what my recipes are and computes the supplies needed to get back to the min qty of finished rounds.

I stock several calibers for handguns, several shotgun loadings and several rifle calibers.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

About 450 rounds but I'm feelling left behind.(gotta work some in the budget)
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

+/- 500 rounds of each: 147 gr Speer Gold Dot 9mm; 147 gr Winchester Ranger-T 9mm; 147 gr Fed Premium HST 9mm; 230 gr Speer Gold Dot .45; 230 gr Fed Premium .45; 200 gr Speer Gold Dot +p .45;

+/- 1000 rounds of each: 115 gr Monarch 9mm; 200 gr Remington UMC .45 (range ammo)

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Actual carry ammo for my carry gun(s), probably around 100 or so. Practice ammo for my carry gun(s), more than I could quote off the top of my head without going out and doing an inventory.

VIP Member
    I don't think it goes bad why not stock up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links