Fastest potential incapacitation 45 or 10mm ?

This is a discussion on Fastest potential incapacitation 45 or 10mm ? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin Oh' but I do have one small question though.... Just how are you gonna get a 50lb rock to travel at ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Fastest potential incapacitation 45 or 10mm ?

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Oh' but I do have one small question though.... Just how are you gonna get a 50lb rock to travel at 3000fps....... ??
    It's a hypothetical, since your analogy of a 50lb and a 200lb rock dropped from the same height/travelling at the same speed hitting sand to a 10mm and .45,which travel at different velocities, hitting living tissue was kind of goofball. I was trying to highlight that KE is far more about velocity NOT mass.

Yes a 200lb rock at 3000fps creates 4x the KE as a 50lb rock traveling at the same speed. So?

An increase in mass is a linear progression. An increase in velocity is an exponential progression.

However the salient point remains, KE only represents potential energy. It is not predictive, nor is it a wounding mechanism.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Nope, sure did not.... your point got lost just like mine.
    What can I say, reading is fundamental.

I understood your point just fine, it was just wrong.

Back atcha partner... Oh' and Dr.Kevorkian was a expert in his field too, but I don't buy into his philosophy either. You go on thinking that the kinetic energy displaced by a projectile absolutely has nothing to do with the stopping power of a bullet there fella, I don't give a hoot. One of us is wrong thats for sure; IMO that's you big-time, and you can "quote" me on that.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Really? Dr. Kevorkian? Is that the best you can do? You have a unique talent for making goofball analogies. You might as well call him a nazi and get it over with. Moreover you don't read too well, I never said KE had "nothing to do with stopping power" only that it wasn't a wounding mechanism and that it's virtually irrelevant in handgun ammo. If you had bothered to read what I wrote you would have gotten that.

You've provided no evidence to back up your assertion, whereas I've provided established vetted experts in the field trusted by military, police and medical experts and documentation. Sorry bud but you're way out of your lane.

If you're proud of your ignorance, not much I can do to help you.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    I really think we need to have a list of common topics with their associated answers done up as a sticky reference to get newbies up to speed.
    I'm no newbie; the assumption makes me want to hurl.
    I set forth a question with some criteria, that doesn't make me a newbie.

I can't lock this thread myself or I would.
    Mods please just lock this thread.

Op doesn't need any further responses that are related to practice, shot placement, ect...
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

Op doesn't need any further responses that are related to practice, shot placement, ect...
    No question about caliber will ever NOT go this direction with some folks.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links