good or bad on tnj

good or bad on tnj

This is a discussion on good or bad on tnj within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just bought a sig p250c 40 and seen that cabelas has tnj ammo on sale for 10 to 18 dollors but i am new ...

Thread: good or bad on tnj

Post good or bad on tnj

i just bought a sig p250c 40 and seen that cabelas has tnj ammo on sale for 10 to 18 dollors but i am new at owning a handgun so i was wandering if total nylon jacket ammo is any good to shoot or to stay away form it?

If it's like Nyclads I'd keep them out of polygon rifled barrels, but other than that I don't see why not.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I tried one box in 45 acp. Shoots great, feeds great, but weird cleaning experience. Leaves what I would guess to be melted nylon streaks in bore. Cleaned with Hoppes and patch came out clean after just a few trips. I thought it was an easy clean. Checked bore, and streaks were still there. Applied Ballistol, and the crud started coming out. Two hours later, patches started coming out clean and bore looked good. This ammo gets good reviews for being "clean," but I wonder if people are checking the bore or just assuming a clean patch means a clean barrel. Be ready to soak in Ballistol, brush, swab til patches come clean, soak in Ballistol again, repeat, repeat, repeat.......

It should be fine in everything other than stock Glock barrels.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    It should be fine in everything other than stock Glock barrels.
    There are others, polygon rifled barrels are the issue, not just Glock. Baby Eagle is another one.

Links