Ammo Prices - Page 2

Ammo Prices

This is a discussion on Ammo Prices within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is supply and demand my friends! Two years ago you could not get small rifle primers and every one was stocking up. The manufacturers ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ammo Prices

VIP Member
    It is supply and demand my friends! Two years ago you could not get small rifle primers and every one was stocking up. The manufacturers have stepped up production and at times there is a excess supply. So they lower prices. When inventory levels out the costs go up. I don't think you can go wrong with stocking up on ammo. I believe it is better than investing in the stock market. It is not going to fall below where is was several years ago (like the stock market did).

Shop around. It's good to support local business until they start rapping you finically. What caliber are you buying?
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's election year, Obamascare--Part Two! Get your guns and ammo now before it's all gone!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am shooting 9mm, 45ACP and .357 Mag. I think the best place online is SGAmmo.com

Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    I was at my local gun store today and the owner said that ammo is supposed to rise 25% by the end of the month and 100% by the end of the year. Has anyone else heard about this?
    If that were true he would not e selling his existing stock now.

Today I paid $12.97 for a box of 50 PMC .380 90 grain at Gander Mtn. my LGS wanted $21.00 for the same thing.

Go figure.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    I was at my local gun store today and the owner said that ammo is supposed to rise 25% by the end of the month and 100% by the end of the year. Has anyone else heard about this?
    I heard the same thing today from a friend (who is not a gunshop owner). He didn't quote percentages but he told me that ammo prices were going to go up in February. He implied it was going to be by a significant amount. If this is a rumor, its doing a good job at spreading. I really hope its not true because I don't have the cash to stockpile right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links