FNP 9 Self Defense ammo? help

This is a discussion on FNP 9 Self Defense ammo? help within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys back again hoping you can educate me on another topic i haven't really looked into. Im practicing for my Conceal Carry range test ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuda66

Thread: FNP 9 Self Defense ammo? help

Hey guys back again hoping you can educate me on another topic i haven't really looked into. Im practicing for my Conceal Carry range test and i want to know your experience/opinion on good self defense or carry ammo for the FNP 9. I want to make sure i practice with what i am going to be carrying. Usually just use FMJ's at the range and looking to see the difference between FMJ's and carry ammo such as hollow points and so on. Anyone that could point me in the right direction would be a great help.

thanks guys! Stay safe and alert out there, you never know whats around the corner!

Read this: Thoughts on Service Pistols, along with Duty and Self-Defense Ammo Recommendations - M4Carbine.net Forums

And this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

Choose one of the loads listed, and buy a box or two. Bear in mind that while all of them perform pretty much the same, some may be considerably more expensive and/or harder to find than others. Fire at least one entire magazine out of every magazine you plan on using for carry/defense. If the round is 100% reliable and shoots with what you consider acceptible accuracy and control, you have a round that works well in your pistol. Stock up, and don't sweat it any more.
    ChrisHall22 likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

What Cuda66 said. I have an FNX-9 it shoots everything I put in it, so just follow Cuda66's suggestion and you will be fine.

It would surprise me if you do not get several post suggesting various ammunition, so here goes.

I use:

Golden Sabre 124gr +P
    Golden Sabre 124gr
    Ranger T 125gr +P
    Federal 135gr HS

They all go bang, they all feed in my FNX, and they all go in the general direction of the target.

Like Cuda66 said, try a few, pick out one that works reliably in your firearm, and try not to read too many articles about which ones are better.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Read this: Thoughts on Service Pistols, along with Duty and Self-Defense Ammo Recommendations - M4Carbine.net Forums

And this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

Choose one of the loads listed, and buy a box or two. Bear in mind that while all of them perform pretty much the same, some may be considerably more expensive and/or harder to find than others. Fire at least one entire magazine out of every magazine you plan on using for carry/defense. If the round is 100% reliable and shoots with what you consider acceptible accuracy and control, you have a round that works well in your pistol. Stock up, and don't sweat it any more.
    Awesome i like the way you think if something is good why change it right? thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    What Cuda66 said. I have an FNX-9 it shoots everything I put in it, so just follow Cuda66's suggestion and you will be fine.

It would surprise me if you do not get several post suggesting various ammunition, so here goes.

I use:

Golden Sabre 124gr +P
    Golden Sabre 124gr
    Ranger T 125gr +P
    Federal 135gr HS

They all go bang, they all feed in my FNX, and they all go in the general direction of the target.

Like Cuda66 said, try a few, pick out one that works reliably in your firearm, and try not to read too many articles about which ones are better.
    great! hitting the target is the outcome we need if it goes down to that...thank you

Links