Not a fan of Remington Ammo

This is a discussion on Not a fan of Remington Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I strongly dislike Remington UMC; I had nothing but problems with it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Not a fan of Remington Ammo

GM
    I strongly dislike Remington UMC; I had nothing but problems with it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've never had problems with Remington 22 lr. I have a pistol that really doesn't like most standard 22 lr ammo and the manufacturer recommends MiniMags or similar. This otherwise persnickety pistol will usually cycle with Remington and
    jam up with almost anything else that isn't stouter.

Of course any one particular batch of anything you buy can have a problem. I'm more inclined to think you should look at
    the gun.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I have always had good luck with the .22lr HP "Gold Bullet" load. The only bad Remington I can remember was the 125gr JSP .357mag in their UMC yellow box line. Pulled bullets under recoil. That's about it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I've never had problems with Remington 22 lr. I have a pistol that really doesn't like most standard 22 lr ammo and the manufacturer recommends MiniMags or similar. This otherwise persnickety pistol will usually cycle with Remington and
    jam up with almost anything else that isn't stouter.

Of course any one particular batch of anything you buy can have a problem. I'm more inclined to think you should look at
    the gun.
    I'm gonna do that, could it be a weak strike? I'm up to 700 rounds of Federal and not 1 single issue at all...which IMO is kinda strange for rimfire....it's been great. Just that Remington....

I dont mean to bash Remington, I think I just got a bad batch...oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    I really don't have issues w/Remington except, their .22LR ammo. It is the only ammo my 10/22 will not digest.
    That's kind of my issue; I want to like that stuff since it seems to have more snap to it than the American Eagle ammo that functions well in all my rimfires. But unlike Blazer, which refuses to feed at all, the Remington just has a high frequency of random failures to feed in my 10/22s, probably overall around 20%.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have never had an issue with Remington rounds firing. The big thing I saw was with an expansion test. The Remington Golden Saber HPJ just really did no expand. They advertise it as great penetration with maximum expansion for use by law enforcement and self defense but it barely expanded. On the contrary though the Speer Gold Dots that I carry expand beautifully. They almost look like a lil flower. I'll upload a pic if you'd like when I get a chance tomorrow. I'm going to try out a Hornady Critical Defense. These are all .40 shot out of a Glock 22.

I have had similar experiences with Remington. Never had any problems with their center fire loads, but I always have a few misfires when shooting their rimfire ammo. Personally, I like CCI rimfire ammo. Never had any misfires and it's very accurate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links