.40 S&W Ammo by MBI - 180gr FMJ

This is a discussion on .40 S&W Ammo by MBI - 180gr FMJ within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for bulk 40 ammo and found this at Bulkammo.com. Anyone here ever use this ??? I have bought at Cheaper than dirt and found ...

Thread: .40 S&W Ammo by MBI - 180gr FMJ

Looking for bulk 40 ammo and found this at Bulkammo.com. Anyone here ever use this ??? I have bought at Cheaper than dirt and found the white box Federal HST ammo at 18 bucks for 50 which is crazy..BUT can't use JHP at indoor range so just need jacketed ammo for practice..btw the gun is a Glock23.... I am just trying to find bulk ammo at a decent price yet is consistent...yet aren't we all...Thanks for all input and advice
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Can't believe nobody has any input :(
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SATCHMO1960 View Post
    Looking for bulk 40 ammo ~~~~ I am just trying to find bulk ammo at a decent price yet is consistent...yet aren't we all...Thanks for all input and advice
    Try SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma

I've been using them for the last 2 years

Here a price on 1000 rounds of 40: 1000 rd case - 40 cal Remington 180 grain FMJ Ammo with Nickel Plated Brass Case LN40SW3A | SGAmmo.com

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Here's where I buy most of my ammo...

Our Catalog
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Looking for bulk 40 ammo and found this at Bulkammo.com. Anyone here ever use this ??? I have bought at Cheaper than dirt and found the white box Federal HST ammo at 18 bucks for 50 which is crazy..BUT can't use JHP at indoor range so just need jacketed ammo for practice..btw the gun is a Glock23.... I am just trying to find bulk ammo at a decent price yet is consistent...yet aren't we all...Thanks for all input and advice
    Just got my shipping confirmation that my bulk ammo was shipped today from Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions 1000 rounds 40 SW for 234.00 including shipping. I have not bought the 40SW from them but have gotten .380 from them and was very happy thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Just got my shipping confirmation that my bulk ammo was shipped today from Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions 1000 rounds 40 SW for 234.00 including shipping. I have not bought the 40SW from them but have gotten .380 from them and was very happy thus far.
    That's the new face of USA Ammo, the company that is responsible for blowing up several AR15s over the past year with .223 ammunition that was loaded with pistol powder instead. Be sure to wear your eye protection when shooting.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    That's the new face of USA Ammo, the company that is responsible for blowing up several AR15s over the past year with .223 ammunition that was loaded with pistol powder instead. Be sure to wear your eye protection when shooting.
    Really? Thats good to know. Where did you see that info I tried to find the info you speak of and didnt find anything like on it?

All I could find was about another comapny. This company's ammo inventory and web site seams to be very similar to USA Ammo who recently had all the AR Kaboom because of bad product.

I wonder if they are connected in some way and if so I would highly recommend not buying from them.

Edited to add that this company did supply USA Ammo with ammunition until March 2011 so it is possible that the AR Kabooms with the bad ammunition were manufactured at this company.

Its hard to say if USA Ammo switched suppliers because of the AR Kabooms or they found a better deal from another supplier. If anyone has the manufacture date on the recalled USA Ammo which was responsible for the AR KaBooms then it would answer the question if this manufacturer was involved or not.

There's a few threads in the Reloading and Ammunition subforum on M4carbine.net.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

There's a few threads in the Reloading and Ammunition subforum on M4carbine.net.
    Thanks for the heads up I will check it out

Ok so after looking into this a little more it looks like the incident happened under USA AMMO (see the write up here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/5...ed.html&page=1) which I found lawsuits for. The two owners split and one of the former owners started Freedom munitions which I believe he is still named in the suit.
    I havent found any incidents under the new companys name. But did find complaints about using old powder and dirty ammo in regards to the blaster ammo. which on there web site states it doesnt meet there inspection standards. And deliverly issues with the BBB. (3 all together but been resolved since)

I guess I wish I would have known this before I recieved my ammo. I have ordered some .380 and it fired just fine but did notice when cleaning the gun it was dirter then other times using factory ammo.

Here's another thread showing the non-existant quality of Freedom Muntions' ammunition. As an ammunition manufacturer, I can't believe they would let stuff like this go out the door. Backward primers, dented shoulders, etc. Yikes.

Freedommunitions.com
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Blazer Brass

I buy 250 round plastic ammo cans of 180gr. Blazer Brass FMJ from Gander Mountain for my Smith & Wesson M7P40's. Feeds and shoots great.

Sponsored Links